Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Week 1 Day 2 : 3 mile run

Yesterday's headache remained until late afternoon. Then it became suddenly in a terrible nausea that after became in a ........ Ok, I don't know if that is the worst or the fact that after "that" I was so hungry with the smell of the arriving dinner consiting in Tacos de Fajitas, that I had dinner and ate. I am nasty.

The good part is that this morning I was amazingly recovered. Not completely strong but I went for my training. I checked on my HR all the time and instead of a run I choose for going only for a walk. HR remain some high still.

I haven't commented here yet about a new friend that is training with me. She wants to stick to a fit life and loose some weight. I can see myself at the begining of this journey 4 years ago. I was comparing her HR with mine during the walk and hers was of course much more higher than mine even walking. I think that works as she is mexican too and our genetics could be more similar than compared with others. We head down to the beach and completed a 4 miles walk. Yes a walk only.

Another reason for my High HR should be the overweight. The diet is on, my mind is agree. I just have to watch my mouth.... for ever.

6 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Staying in shape is definitely not an easy task. If it was so easy, everyone would be in shape and we wouldn't have an obesity problem. glad to hear you are feeling better and have a new running partner!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

nice design....

watching your mouth..i watch mine.. :0.and it is keep eating junk.

It is off season.so i am letting the diet goes down a bit :)

5:24 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hello Hilda

Thanks for the message. I'm also interested in finding out about your running life there and I'll check in if you don't mind. Thanks. Also, about your heart rate, I don't know much but my HR will be elevated by about 7 to 10 BPM if I'm drinking beer or wine in the evenings. Coffee also seems to affect it adversely.

I went on a strict diet last month, not eating anything that was processed, and my morning HR dropped from around 54BPM to 42BPM.
But I guess there are many things that will raise and drop your heart rate and everyone may be different.

Bye for now

6:46 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

I know what you mean Hilda - I have put on 9kgs in 3 months - working now to get rid of them.

Keep up the great work ;-)

7:25 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Fajitas. Yum!

And just walking is fine. Something I should do more often as a way to keep fit but not stress about times & distances & reps...

7:50 AM  
Blogger strewth said...

Lovely to find a new "running" friend and walking is a lovely exercise with lots of time to talk!!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home