Monday, August 14, 2006

Only good news

Saturday morning I finally knew about the new route that the marathon will have. I could feel my hope renewing and could enjoy the idea of becoming a marathonist! In fact this is not a new one, the first 16 marathons were there and the route was just recently changed. Now it is officially the route we 14,000 people will follow to run the marathon... Sweet words!

Running has been great this last days. It is like everything is on its place and my legs are strong and happy to be there. The last change on shoes had meant a huge benefit as now I don't have problems with my left hamstring or ITB. As Lore of running advises, seems like the other pair were very rigid... I had used that model for a while but I can see now that from one version to the next many changes can happen. Impossible to try to understand how this people who are supposed to understand the importance of the shoes don't aloud us to stick to one pair. Despite we know we have to change them very often. Sigh.

The last long run of the was a 12 miler last Friday. It went very well, I enjoyed it and felt happy.
In a review at the moment I check my numbers and they say I ran 85% of the scheduled runs. At least I can say on my defense that the runs were cancelled to avoid further injuries, it wasn't because of being a slacker :)

Yesterday I had a glorious run of 4 miles. I put no effort and accomplish good pace and felt very strong.

The same happened this morning in my 6 miles run. What I want to report is about Garmin. It ran out of energy, but as I was going to use it to walk with a partner later -a friend wants to learn to run and I am walking half an hour a day with her and Garmin is very useful to set up laps for jogging and walking-, so I went back home and left it charging.
I went back running to end the last two miles, but felt my arm strangely light. It was that Garmin was not there. Its weight is enormous, I found out. It was like its black presence weighted more than I could know. The training ended nicely.

I've been some busy with my mother and that don't let me enough time to write my blog. I've been trying to upload some pictures, but you know the usual blogger problems... Well next time.

15 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Woohoo! I'm getting very excited for you Hilda. Not long now. You will have lots of people thinking of you & sending you good thoughts on the big day!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Great to hear that you are feeling good. It is amazing how much difference the right shoes can make. Can't wait to hear all about the marathon.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad you are feeling back up to par and great before the big day! The right shoes can make a big difference, I just switched trail shoes and I now feel like I am running on air! (in a good way)! When is the big day?

9:27 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Darling, is it THAT close??!! I can't believe, I remember you just went out for 8 mile run...time flies:) I'll be thinking of you, and of your ever sweet words that always come so much appreciated. If I inspired a handfull of guys and gals to run their hearts out - my mission is pretty close to be perfect (that and to raise my children well).
Love to you,
Olga

9:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Running 85% of the scheduled runs is good. Enjoy the rest before the marathon. I can't wait.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I'm looking forward to this marathon. I hope you enjoy your taper.

1:16 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

YAY! Enjoy the taper, you've trained hard!!!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Great to read that you're getting in some good runs and feeling stronger. The right shoes can make all the difference.

As for blogger. Some times I can get a single picture loaded using Internet Explorer, but have no trouble when I use the FireFox browser. Maybe the gods at Microsoft are mad because they don't get a cut of the blogging action :)

Again, nice runs.

2:13 AM  
Blogger D said...

Hilda: Keep up the positive thoughts - don't let the negative thoughts of doubt creep in. You will do great!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Good to hear..can't wait until race day.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

How are you going Hilda? I hope everything is going well for you!

6:14 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Hmmm Garmin can be a weight in more than just the physical sense i think you are not yet realizing!!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

I am glad that you are in the good spirit and ready for the big day. Enjoy your tapering time and during the great event leave the Garmin at home!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Hope you have a great marathon race.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your running Hilda - it's great the injuries are OK. I hope everything goes well. Not long to go now.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home