Monday, July 10, 2006

Wonderful vacations :D

I'm finally back! This were some great vacations full of experiences, emotions, visiting, learning, food, museums, shopping, walking and even some running!!
We were in Spain with our nice friends Mary Carmen and Antonio, who took us to see around their home town Murcia and then Madrid surroundings. Also we visited London and there I was able to participate in a 10km race (more about this latter).
Being with local people in Spain, made us look in a different way the country, but also made us share some of their habits like going to bed as late as 2am :O.


Going on vacations seem to be even more tired than the marathon training. Incredible, but my supposed to be good fitness level didn't helped at all for all the walking I had to make and that I am not use to. Definitely, walking is not the same as running. At the end of every day my legs were tired and stiff. I was wondering if this was going to affect my training a lot, but what could I do? As the cautious that I always am, (coward) preferred not to run since I was still using A LOT my legs. Hope I can go back running normally soon.
As my friends saw my limping they took me to a podiatrist who made special orthotics for my feet and seem to be working very good with the spur. How nice to be able to visit someone like him often... Well someday.
Share with you some photos, I took about 700 but I am only just in a few that my daughter kindly took. Luis is not a photographer.

In a short resume I will say that I made three easy runs and a 10km race the first week, but didn't run at all the second. I was too tired and felt that it was just too much. Five days with out running was strange, but I was so busy that hardly remembered about it. It was my body who felt it, my mind was quiet.
Saturday morning at the hotel where we were staying went to the treadmill and made a short 4 km who seem that never going to end...
Today I ran 5 miles and felt very good. Running made me feel at home, the hotel is in fact a wonderful place to run. When running in Spain and London I was thinking about how different life is in cities and that maybe for me living in a city will take me apart from running... Still I want to think this is only a feeling and that I would combine it as most people do it. The thing is that the landscape and scenery I have here makes it definitely easier. It was very nice to go back and run, it was like being me again, I love this place to run.

11 Comments:

Blogger miners said...

Wow - wonderful report on the holiday hilda! Hope you don't start getting used to the 2am late nights, or you'll never be able to run ever again!

2:37 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

That place looks familiar! Shame we weren't in London at the same time.

It's hard to keep up your training whilst you're on holiday but I'm sure you won't have lost much fitness and walking is definately good for you too.

Hope you settle back into your training quickly.

2:38 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Wow sounds like a fantastic holiday Hilda - great stuff.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Great to read your blog again. Welcome back.

A 10km race in a foreign city would be a great way to go sight-seeing. Your family must be very understanding.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Welcome back:)

2:29 PM  
Blogger D said...

Welcome back Hilda!

6:10 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Those spaniards are a crazy party people!
Glad you ejoyed your trip and i am sure you will be running strongly in no time at all.

Cheers R2B

7:37 AM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Welcome back Hilda. Sounds like great holiday!

It might be hard get your legs back into training but I'm sure you will soon be racking up the miles again.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so jealous! Don't worry about the time off, it will probably do your body a little good to have some pseudo-rest.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hilda,

I am glad u enjoy your vacation.

I know hwen i stop running for a while...this is usually when I am busy with other life stuff as well.

Walking takes a lot. especially when u are a tourist ;)

3:13 PM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Welcome back from a fantastic holiday! Thanks for the pictures. I miss England but in october I will be there!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home