Tuesday, June 13, 2006

How to combine training and a trip!! or more dreams become true in 2006

It hasn't been lack of time, I haven't been inspired to write about my training despite it's been going greatly. I find more interesting reading your blogs than writing mine. It should be that my mind is flying some place else. Girls end school this week and we are planning Luis vacations!!!
Yesterday it was confirmed: our tickets to Europe are approved so we are traveling there for about 2 weeks. It is such a great news that I can't hardly believe it. We were in Europe about five years ago and from the day we were back I felt it was like a dream.
But now I will have to combine my dream with my reality: I am training for a marathon :-O !!!

Because I've been training and feeling so well my confidence of-with* doing some changes is fine. What I will do is to increase my mileage this and next week so the next two weeks I won't have to go for hard long runs. I feel fine of doing this as I find that if I go easy I can go and do more. I'll change this week's long run of 13 and do 14 or 15 and plan to enjoy a 10 miles run where I'll stay... Also I will add 1 mile each day thinking of decreasing some miles as I on the trip. I will be able to do some more when I am back.
This is what I am planning, let's see how reality works. I should not be the only one with this kind of problem RW of June has an article talking about this and says that going back in shape takes about three weeks, which means I won't miss or loose condition to the race.
As you see my idea is mainly to make the same scheduled miles but in different dates to complete the training, am I right? Any ideas are welcome, I know how much I can learn from you guys!!!

*help is always welcome :)

Training: weights and core session 50 min, combine with jump rope. When I woke up this morning thought to skip the session as I am planning to run in the afternoon. I woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep 'till about 4.30, it is the excitement of the trip!!! As Luis was going anyway I decided to go. The idea of weight training appear so heavy and hard but 10 minutes after I was finding myself as fish in water. Enjoyed it a lot a felt very well afterwards. Not the first time it happens I know :P

8 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Hilda,

Most would suggest increasing the long run week by week. Then on the fourth week drop it down.

I would suggest really take your time on the long run. I did 10 min jog, 1 min walk.

All my long runs, I always feel fine by the end. In fact, i feel like I can run even more.

Have fun..those 3hr long runs are a blast.

2:43 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Hilda, enjoy your vacation and take lots of pics for us.

About your question, well I've been using Picasa by Google. And it's free!! So all you gotta do is download it, start using it. It doesn't have a whole lot of features but it's easy to use..that's what I like.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

I think you have a sound plan. And if your run wouldn't work while vacationing - just treat it as an easy week and come back to regular routine home.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Tha Marathon training plan I am on increases the milage every Sunday for two weeks then drops back the miles in the third week.

Enjoy your journey.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is never a bad idea to ease off of training for a little bit to give your legs a break. You will come back fresher and more relaxed. Enjoy your trip and be careful!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

Yay! Have a great time in Europe!

12:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think your plan is sound as well and the two weeks away should not harm you. Sounds like an exciting vacation for you.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

What part of Europe are you visiting? I have contacts in France, Ireland, Italy, Switzerland and of course here in Germany if you have questions or need travel tips. Of course there are completerunning.com blogger's spread all over Europe too.

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home