Thursday, June 08, 2006

Just a little taste of it

First more seruious long run!!!

Week 13 - 12 miles.
To start I want to mention how happy I feel since I am feeling great about my running. Last week bad shape I was so wrong blaming my weekness as the guilty of my low energy... it was like if I ignore that the sensations about being tired aren't exactly as that. I need to remember always that sometimes there are other conditions that have influences on the energy levels... not running itself.
I went very easy this morning. The goal, enjoy and to end in good shape. Starting time, 5:35... still to improve!
The first hour went well, second mile at the beach hit me with its damped and hot air, no oxigen available. Hard to run there, the sand was very soft, as I feel my feet going deeper even for a little, the heart rate climbs up immediately. When there are other runners there, it is very sad for me see how easy they pass me, who is the one used to run here??? Well, what I do is to think I don't know how long they will stay there... :-P

I had the chance today off watching how amazing the human body is. Over the first hour I had to go home to give medicine to one of my girls -the yougest is sick, some kind of flu-.
Look, because of the spur, I've mentioned here that my left knee, the back side, the flexors, give me some trouble as a response of my body to the inmbalance produced by the spur. It wasn't nothing serious but it came to my mind the idea of using the knee band as a preventive strategy. Went back running (after about four minutes at home). I could appreciatte, how the band was avoiding to my knee to over flex, it was a nice feeling. But over the minute 5 in the run my right achiles was starting to make its own presentation... I could just feel how my body's response was to create a new way to correct the imbalance!!! As I know very well how bad can be an achilles pain, I took off the band, stretch and the pain disappear :O !!!

Another thing happened today. Over the 8th mile I met for the third time around the hotel, a couple of runners. They've said hello before, but this time they asked me how long was I running. I started running and chatting with them. They are french. He said he has run 20 marathons and she said she ran ten. I was amazed of knowing ALIVE, for the first time, marathoners, I was very excited!! They will stay here for two weeks and just arrived yesterday, I hope I can catch them again. They said they run everyday and that we will met again for sure.

Pace, was my usual slow motion. I have to say that with out Garmin I wouldn't ever know when I am going even slower, since I simplilly can't feel it. It is like I am running but in such a slow motion that I wonder how I look! I had a gel until I saw my speed was decreasing, and it improved again after it. Thanks GU!

Maybe for the excitement, maybe the sun, but my HR at the end was 165, grrrr. But with a great feeling, I almost forget how it feels like to run long, at the end, my legs has this strange sensation, like so tense, I like it!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Beanie said...

it's wonderful to bump into other friendly runners on the road isn't it?

keep it up =)

11:33 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Yay, 12 miles is a great start!! You'll bump it up before you even know it:)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Long runs feel great. I always love the feeling after I have finished a long run even when they do not go as well as expected. It is nice to meet other runners in the process.

1:12 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Awesome that your over your "woes" so quickly Hilda!
You know it's just a part of running and is an amplification of our real lives i guess.

Your looking good,keep it up!
R2B

3:01 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

So glad you've been able to meet some other runners. I think that runner's have an "energy" that very few other people have.

4:03 AM  
Blogger strewth said...

Great run and wonderful to meet up with new friends on the way. Hope you have an opportunity to run with them while they're there.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

The amazing part of our sport. Running is international, you can run with everyone and everywhere, for this reason I have always the running shoes in my bag when I travel.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Awesome job with your run!!! It helps so much to have other people to run with.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

Great run, and in the sand too! That makes it twice as tough as road running - and really good for your cardio :)

1:49 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Don't worry about your pace, and definitely do not try to run faster on your long runs. Pace isn't that important, it's the time on your feet that counts.

Well done on doing 12 miles.

12:14 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

It's always exciting to bump into other runners..hope you can meet again.
12 miles is great!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home