Thursday, June 15, 2006

I invoked your spirits!!!

Today 14 miles !!!
I was on my legs for over 3 hours or more!! And it was only 14 miles (sigh)... Inserted walks and had to make brief stops. The first one was to do some easy plyometric jumps. The other ones to the bathroom, etc. The last ones were because my HR was too high grrrr, over 160 and going slowly. It should be because of the caffeine from the gels and the damped air that forces me to breath deeper to catch some oxygen. It was hot but cloudy that aloud me to run until around 8:45 from 5:45.
What I enjoyed more of this long run was to feel how important is the mental state to go on. There were many ups and downs, moments of doubt and also confidence. In general my body was ok. It is great to say that the left leg flexors, were fine during all the run. The spur made just some brief perfomances but nothing that bad.
The worst mental moment was during the last mile. I was feeling that it was impossible for me to go on. A shadow of sadness covered me and thought of the marathon... could I do that? I was going under and under, when I remembered the stars I know and ask them for help. Saint Olga, Saint CJ please help!!! and felt their hallucinating presence giving my new strength. They were over 4 meters in front of me smiling and pacing me. The rest of the blogger presences came one by one as I was feeling better and improving again. Rob, Jen, Susan, Miners,2p, Liv, Thomas,Spark... All of you faster for more than me, but helping me nicely. Running next to me. I still have many more of you to run with so I know I will call your names everytime I need help so you do the miracle!! I was so inspired by your strenght and speed that on that moment all the nice words that you have written to me along this months helped me incredibly. I found myself thanking Blogger to aloud me to learn and be in contact with you people of strength!! Ended very excited the last mile smiling and feeling well. Tomorrow a recovery run of 4 miles and next week I'll go for 16!!!!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

It is normal for your HR to be slightly elevated at the end. The reason is that your body is low on water (not dehydration, yet if u take in your water correctly). And your heart needs to pump harder b/c your blood is thicker (less water).

Going long slow and steady is the way to go.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Hey, somebody is hallucinating:) What a great run, hilda! of course, you can do a marathon, don't EVER doubt yourself! There is nothing scary about it, nothing! Persistance and patience along with training will bring you to the finish line! Now drink lots and kick back for a day:)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Wow that is amazing. I'm glad we could help you along. If Oprah Winfrey can complete a Marathon ANYONE can do it including YOU!! Keep up the great work.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

The last miles of a long run are always tough - especially when you're training for a marathon for the first time. There is no way around it - it's those tough miles that make you a better runner.

I'm glad the spur seems to be getting better.

10:14 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

14 miles, that's great Hilda. you're doing awesome I say. I always do my long runs(which I haven't done in a long time), brief stops are always included.

Hope your recovery run went well.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Don't worry, think that 14 miles now are in your log-book!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great job Hilda. I only wish I could come run on the beach with you the entire way.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Great run Hilda. Olga is right - don't doubt yourself Hilda - you can (and will) do it.

You are right about the importance of your mental state - I went throw lots of highs & lows today (mentally) in my little 70mins run today.

PS Glad I could help ;-)

6:43 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Awesome job with the 14! Your 16 will be hard too, but you know you can do 14 so 16 is just 2 more!!!

Great job!

8:56 AM  
Blogger strewth said...

Great run Hilda. Wow, you will do that marathon no problem. You are training well. It's so much harder running on your own. You should be really happy with that run. Well done!

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! steve kuclo teen bodybuilding teen nationals Jack rabbit vibrator review Immac hair removal Auto navigation cd Hair laser removal dallas Forex currency trading forex forecast forextradingplace.com Walworth county tax mill rates Unwanted facial hair remover Alpine minidisc cd changer free service manual 2b sanyo fax facial laser hair remover cost3f Laser hair removal modesto pet hair removal system erectile dysfunction fixing Shop+ambien 1985 pontiac trans am body Transmission slipping on 2000 jeep grand cherokee Car alarm canbus

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home