Friday, May 26, 2006

Run, then limp...

How not to stay in a high after a long run? After experiencing all sort of feelings from dissapointment, joy, anger, pain, fear, panic, strenght, fullfilment, confidence!!! Being for that time just with myself was perfect, I am my best company.

10 miles GREAT
Started easy. On time, 5:30. I had a banana for snak and have to confess that I combined it with a nutela spoon, mmm not too big. I was just feeling like sweet at 5 am, do you believe it? Ran to the beach and ran there for about 3 miles.
The sunrise happened at about 5:50 and it was just marvelous to be there!
Walked only for taking this pictures. I didn't have to stop for anything. Not even to go to go to the badroom. After 45 minutes took a Gu gel and helped me to continue greatly. I just have to learn to not trying to push too much after taking it.
Over the 8th mile, my left knee was very stiffed for a while. I was scared thinking it could be something really bad, but then just forget about it and desapeared.
Performance? Well not as wish. Funny that on the last mile I push harder, as some techiniques advice, and felt stronger. In fact I was swearing that I was over 9 or something, but it was just a sensation, Garmin said it was just like the rest, over 11. Mentally it was a nice effort achived. Ended feeling very strong.

Headed home and started stretching. The spur started its performance. It will go away.

15 Comments:

Blogger Spark Driver said...

For some reason I thought Nutela was just an Australian thing. You learn something new every day.

11:04 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Great job there, 10 miles! Nice!
I'll get back to you on the blog template thing when I get the time. I did a lot of tweaking with mine, it's amazing that it works.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Way to go! I am my best company:) That's me, and this weekend's long run will be just as last weekend's.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have heard of Nutela here in the South US too. 10 miles is nice, beautiful pics!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

The word "trashing" I suppose does mean something bad so you were right - I was trying to suggest that my legs were dead after Wednesday's efforts

I thought Nutela was Australian too ! Beautiful photo. Sunrise is my favourite time to day

6:52 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Sounds like a great 10 miler Hilda - well done. It's so nice to watch a sunrise on your own - it makes it special thinking the whole show is just being enjoyed by you!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice job on the 10 miler. As always your beautiful pictures make me wish I could run there as well.

1:29 AM  
Blogger strewth said...

What a beautiful photo - sounds like you had a lovely run.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Good run Hilda - and photo!

Glad you didn't need to have a bath at the badroom ;)

6:23 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Great run, Hilda. You're definitely getting there. Once you're over 10 miles, you're well on your way for the marathon.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Hilda, I don't struggle through my mileage, but it all happened slowly over the years. There was time when I thought 40 is too much:) Now it flows naturally, as well as it's gotten more naturally to fit it in around other things.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hmm..nutella..i haven't had that ever..can u believe it :0

4:25 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Great job with the long run!! Now you have me craving nutella too!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

Nutella + banana = heaven. I was just unpacking some more stuff from my move yesterday and uncovered an unfinished jar of that choco-liscious spread that I had completely forgotten about. Made my day!

9:33 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Loved the photo - its gorgeous. Well done with your run too. Even though I may not be commenting as often at the moment - I am reading your blog!

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home