Friday, June 02, 2006

Feeling depleted...

From last weekend, I've been feeling so tired... I hate it! I should be weaker than the rest of you...
On Sunday I made my scheduled 3 miles, canceled the bike half hour and went to weights and abs session.
Monday was impossible to go, my body was tired just not able to go... I thought sadly that I was going to break my mark of steady training but preferred anything than going to run.
Tuesday decided not to think and went for 4 miles in the gym. For the first time felt that being on the treadmill was too boring and when raising the speed didn't feel save to increase more than 7m/h. It was a speed session still. I made 4 instead of 5 miles but it was a matter of time.
On that day I realize that canceling the cross training was a chance to go running and then that way I won't miss a run on the week. It went well. On Wednesday I went for 4 miles and Thursday rested.
Today's there were 7 miles scheduled. Went easily, slowly, I know I am not winning, then enjoy... Respect the recommended Heart rate. Stay on my legs as long as possible.
Many voices inside me calling that I can't even know which one is me! But my body has no voice and just go. Is like if it couldn't listen, or just don't care and knows what should be done, what we are committed to do. There is no choice since canceling was going to give me even a worst feeling that the only way was to RUN, again.
I am just thinking about myself like an ant next to all the giants that read me.
As before I am finding myself a lot better after the 4th mile.
In fact the problem is not feeling bad while running, but the REST of the day... Nothing particular hurts me. But I have to avoid walking as much as possible. The hot weather makes me just wish to stay indoors, wanting to rise my legs.I have to save energy the whole day to be able to run. I can't even stay standing for long time.Always looking for a chair. I feel tired all day wondering if this is normal, if this is what happens.
It all happened after some days of not sleeping, the weather went VERY hot... About training I increased the intensity on the speed sessions... Could this be enough reasons for this problem? Then what it is?
May ended with 79 miles only. The third part of the marathon training is done 100% at least the runs.... And this last week was the 10th week of steady training, still some things about to celebrate! About the steady training it is the first time EVER that i-n such a long time- I don't cancel running 4 times a week.
Still this is not the first time this happens, just wish I can survive!

* Now you know why I didn't blog either....

7 Comments:

Blogger Wobbly man said...

Hi Hilda, Sounds really similar to my training earlier in the year. Somone suggested I try a Vitamin B supplement which I combined with changing my the times and routes when I ran. It really helped me. 11 weeks in it becomes a hard slog. Are you getting enought fuel also? If you are losing weight you are not. It will come good again!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hi Hilda. I'm so sorry to hear that you've had a tough week.

Firstly, try not to stress too much about it. It sounds to me like your body is trying to tell you something. Lack of sleep and lack of fuel (food) is the first thing that always affects me. Look after yourself. Ease back the training a little & I'm sure you'll bounce back to your normal self soon :-)

7:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I remember being tired a lot when I started running 4 years ago, but gradually it got better. I agree that it might mean a lack of something in your diet possibly, but it is hard to know for sure since I cannot feel the tiredness for you. If I could take some away for you I would.

Congratulations for not cancelling the workouts and I think it is better sometimes to do a few miles rather than none, but there are times when it is okay to take a day off as well and try to recuperate. At any rate I always enjoy reading what is happening in the life of Hilda.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hilda,

It does sound a lot like it is a diet or something. Perhaps u should see your family doc.

Other than that..listen to your body. Today i suppose to ride for 5 hr and 30 min run. By the 3rd my legs were dying. I just end it off w/ 4 hr and 15 min run.

I swim in a lake.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I put it down to the warm weather. It is hard to excersise when it is hot outside.

8:37 PM  
Blogger strewth said...

Hey we are all with you Hilda. Listen to your body. Maybe you need a rest day, a long long sleep, and a little pampering! You will be back to your happy self soon. Your training schedule is very inspiring. It must be so difficult in that heat. At least when it's cold you can wear more clothes but you're a bit limited to what you can take off in the heat!!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

The warm weather is so incredibly draining. Maybe do some of your runs indoors and see if you feel better? I've been doing more indoors lately until I'm more acclimated to the heat.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home