Thursday, May 25, 2006

New Legs

WO: 1 hr bike and Yoga DVD.
I had a bad night after a steak sandwich dinner. I woke up at 3am with a knot in the stomach. Hard to wake up then at 5:50. Still my apetite is controled I am not that hungry during the day. Even lost some pounds, woow!
Only 5 minutes in to the ride, I am completely into it. Good.
Over the minute 30 I felt down. Nothing serious of course. I was going to make a turn when I saw people both sides. Trying to avoid them I tried to turn before and lost control, then, a black close-open eyes and I am standing up. See that I avoided hitting myself with the bike but that in some moment, I landed with my knee... Grrrrr!
The greatest was that people around was smiling. Didn't know it was funny. I tell you people is weird. Always everyone so serious but now, time to smile...
The incident just happened like that and I continued with my ride in a greater form. Is like I am becoming stronger, I can feel it. The knee is just fine, this is just another stage in my life where I can suffer accidents like this and nothing happens, how great!!
This morning fresh air was blowing, very strange for May, but a good foretell for tomorrow's long run! Not THAT long yet, only 10 but still exciting!

As I was complaining, now I have to say I am feeling great! The spur is so controled, that is incredible, I tell you the strategies are just doing perfect. It has improved so much that I am already walking normally again during the day. Happy, happy.

8 Comments:

Blogger Papa Louie said...

Sorry to hear of the mishap. I know what you mean when people laugh or smile at something that is not the right time to do. Maybe that's when we need to learn and laugh at ourselves. I know easy to say but hard to practice.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Sorry to hear that your crash. People can be strange sometime can't they? Take care of yourself

5:17 PM  
Blogger miners said...

Ah, now we get to see the bike!! you look great - sorry about the little accident. Hopefully you were lauhing in the end too :)

12:55 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Excellent news about the heel Hilda. You're good at falling down - a great skill to have ;)

3:56 AM  
Blogger Liv said...

Glad to know you're doing better. And careful on that bike! :)

4:26 AM  
Blogger strewth said...

Sounds like you are becoming very fit and strong and a good recovery from your bike mishap. Strange how people laugh when others hurt themselves - obviously they're not cyclists and don't understand. Keep smiling. You're doing great! Enjoy your run tomorrow.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Bikes and I have always had bad luck. That doesn't stop me from riding them every now and then.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

So glad to hear you didn't hurt yourself during your fall!! It sounded so painful!!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home