Monday, May 01, 2006

We took some holidays!

We went to Santo Domingo to make our residential papers, we are Mexican and have to be residents in the Dominican Republic! We've been in this country for almost four years and until now we had time... Well we are not good to take steps to obtain documents....

Still making those papers wasn't that long, but as Luis finally was able to take free days from Thursday to Sunday, we stayed there to enjoy the city and rest from jungle and beach!! The truth is that I took with me my laptop but I wasn't inspired to even turn it on. That was fine to enjoy quality time with Luis and my girls.

Of course training can't be stop. On Thursday I went to the gym's hotel and went to the stationary bike for 30 minutes. Then on Friday I made 10km = 6 miles on a treadmill, well, I guess better than nothing. Still it was fine to rest from regular road stress on my heel. The spur is being calling.

We came back on Saturday night and felt some disappointed of being here again. I am such an ungrateful with this place that has this marvelous surroundings that had made me spend the best times of my life running. Still what we need is to move to a better apartment, still there is not much available and we enjoy many things by staying "in" the hotel....

Oh yes, about running! Sunday morning ran 3 miles, surprised me as I could run easily with out rising my HR higher than 150 and accomplish again a great pace. It was early, cloudy and fresh. I am thinking this should be also about the slower weeks at this time and this new way of training three days in a row and then almost isolated the long run. Also made 30 minutes bike, and weight training.

Yesterday we had a Mexican lunch with other Mexican families. It was the a celebration for the children's day in Mexico. It included a delicious Mexican dish called "Cochinita Pibil".With tacos. It was sooo delicious that only by naming it again, I am feeling hungry! I better not say how it is... Then believe it or not I had for dinner, here at home, beef burritos. I say all this because today's workout was awful but I could recognize it was about this low quality fuel from yesterday, too much protein. So, I didn't make the planned intervals today, but I will make them tomorrow in the afternoon. I am not worry for today's bad run, I know the reason of it.No wonder why I keep putting on ponds and kilos and tons... I am starting to post my total calories intake here, let's see if shame works!

Calories 2095, so far, still 9:40!

Note: I've been trying to publish this post from about an hour ago, yes, it is blogger failing again!

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you had a break from the normal routine. It is nice to get away.

12:58 AM  
Blogger strewth said...

You sound as though you are training well. Lovely that you had a little break for quality time - sometimes that is really important. I just can't imagine running 10km on a treadmill - very impressive. Do you watch telly at the same time??

6:48 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

It's good to have a holiday away from computers Hilda. :)

Pounds are OK - they are smaller than kilos!

Look after your heel.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Vacations are fun!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

Wow, 10k on a treadmill, while on vacation - that's when you know you're dedicated to your running!

7:11 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

a break is as good as a holiday!and a holiday is better than a break!

R2B

9:26 PM  
Blogger D said...

A short vacation sounds like it was necessary. It shows your dedication that you kept up your training while on vacation!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

10km on a treadmill is very impresive. I would get so bored.
I love my taco's but I reckon yours would knock the socks off the store bought ones here.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Burritos sound so good.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

I love Mexican food!! You're making me so hungry here at 6 in the morning!!

Glad you got to have a break. It's so refreshing to get away sometimes! Welcome home!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

It looks like you enjoyed your holidays and you even managed a run on the treadmill. I do the same if I'm away, but I realise that you and me are a minority in that respect.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Mexican dish, I missed it, I remember a nice lunch at the Taco Bell's in Los Angeles. The break is always fuel for the spirit but only if .....you succeed in running despite the vacation!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home