Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Forgot the music!

But still I could run!
Tuesday pm.
WO: 4 mile, 6.5 km Recovery run.
Left my girl in the classroom. All set ready, go. Where's my mp3? This time I am not at home, but still I never, never forget it. I wasn't going to cancel the run because of the music, right? Then go.
The new route helped, the sand is so firm on that area, in fact the waters were very calm, incredible. It was a very pleasant run for that. My inner calves were some sore, it might be the intervals from yesterday, but over the second mile the pain was gone.

From time to time I wanted to skip the song, but there was no song to move the pace!
After I finish running stretched some and about 10 minutes after I was feeling like I didn't run at all, it was a strange feeling. For the first time felt like that because of running after a tough interval session, running had helped me to recover, to wake up again, to rise up. Unfortunately at 7:30pm that feeling doesn't help to end the day slowing down. It was 11:30 and couldn't sleep, then woke up at 3. At least today is a day off.
Oh! And the other mothers sights, from head to feet they were watching me, one even told me don't go stay and chat with us, still who know this could inspire them, will see. Still I only have to run on Tuesday's afternoon.
Tomorrow the bike and photos, yes! Looking forward how the session goes, as it will be easy I bet I should stay there at least for an hour. I'll move Garmin to bike session, now to keep those workouts!

I want to learn more about running economy and also to burn more fat. Wish I can learn some with Ewen's recommendations about Training and physiology the look really interesting. This is something else I love about running, learning. There is so much information about it, that it keeps my hope about improving as I study.

8 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

There is a lot to learn from others Hilda but then you need to put it together and work out what works best for you ;-)

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya compraste la bici!!! porque no me contaste?? crei que solo habias ido alla por los rompecabezas y la verdad hasta pensé que eras un poco rara, pero en fin...
Oye por cierto esta repetido 3 veces lo que escribiste el dia de hoy, digo, si esta padre pero no es para tanto jajaja :)
Besitos

1:12 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Sometimes it's a nice change to run without your music.. I have my days.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hilda,

How come i see a post about buying bike and no pics?? :O.....

2:07 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

That's one thing I really love about running: it really is so simple, but there are endless things you can learn.

Glad the ice bath was successful - I'm saving my next one until I REALLY need it!

1:56 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Hi Hilda - just a quick hello but to let you know I am still around! So you've bought a bike - will we see photos? Running without music - I do it occassionally but i much prefer to run with music.

3:02 AM  
Blogger strewth said...

I ran without my music this morning too and I did miss it but I dream up all sorts of stories in my head instead!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

I used to run with my mp3 player every day and couldn't imagine it any other way. Then it broke. I immediately wanted to replace it, but for some reason I never did. By now I've decided that it's safer to run without music - there are cars on my ususal running roads.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home