Monday, April 17, 2006

As fast as I can...

which in fact is slow, but I am hopeless slow.

Monday
WO: Intervals, 5 miles.
Started with 1.5 easy miles. The intervals were like follows 8:43, 8:35, 8:34, 9:02. I know this is the easiest pace for many runners, for me is the best and can be sustain only for brief intervals of half miles. Still I feel happy I was able to make them, I was somehow avoiding speed work, resting to avoid injuries, but felt it was the time and felt well while doing them. My problem is breathing, I couldn't catch my breath and was breathing strongly. I wish to be able to continue doing this sessions, maybe I could get use to breath better, as when I started running, at the beginning.

Sunday
WO: Plyometric jumps, easy run 4 miles, stretching, weights.

7 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Nice and consistent for those first 3 Hilda - 8.34 for a mile is going ok - most people can't run that far let alone that quickly.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with 2p on your times. You should be proud that you are out running and those times are pretty fast. And if you are having trouble catching your breath than that just means you are working hard and that is a good thing.

10:58 PM  
Blogger D said...

Nice job Hilda! Your intervals were fast!!

1:37 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

You're posting great times, I'm envious. Keep up the great work.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Those are not slow times for the miles Hilda. You're doing really well!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Your breathing will improve Hilda. Just keep doing it.

To improve your speed I'd suggest another session of shorter repeats. Perhaps 200, 300, 400 or 500 metres with a 3 minute walk for recovery.

Running faster at such short distances will help your mile intervals become faster.

1:31 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

I thought about you yesterday! I was watching an episode of Oprah from earlier in the week and they visited the home of Oscar De La Renta in the Dominican Republic. It was SO beautiful!!

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home