Saturday, April 15, 2006

Luna llena y sol


A full moon and the sun were present while I was running!!

Friday
WO: 9.5 miles, stretching, 7 yoga posses.
The session started at 5:40. It was dark for the first time!! A great sensation of accomplishment joined me starting at this time on a holiday, while most people are sleeping, or some others arriving at this time from their parties.
Started easy. My body wasn't heavy, great!
At the end of the first mile my legs were some stiff. Took a brief walk, start over, again stiff... Stretch says DGC, ok I'll try.
I could start over and after this slow beginning everything started going so well!! It was so fine that as many of you have recommended instead of following my HR I use the RPE, trying to keep a pace as comfortable and steady as possible. There I was feeling ME back again!
I was going for "maybe" 8 miles. Ended with 9.5 feeling on the top!
With this workout I completed my fourth week of steady training, doing 4 runs a week. Bravo!!!


Thursday
WO: 45 minutes cross training.
It was so boring! I tried kickboxing this time. But chose a slow DVD for not forcing me too much. It just didn't work. It even made some niggles appear again, thanks God it was only for a while... I had no clue of them while running on Friday.

About cross training what I want is to buy a bicycle. I didn't do it before because I can't develop high speeds nowhere around. Still I haven't try it even slowly for an hour. That might work better.
Even getting a good bicycle is difficult here, I wonder what kind I should buy against what I can find... Still I will use it only once a week.

Keep running!

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice job on the consistency.

5:48 PM  
Blogger D said...

9.5 miles ....great job!!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Well done on the consistency !

8:06 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Great run Hilda! 4 weeks of 4 days a week - that's awesome.

9:56 PM  
Blogger miners said...

yay - another potential triathlon convert. Get out there on the bike hilda!!

12:57 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

It doesn't matter what type it is Hilda as long as it is red - they go faster ;-)

2:39 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Great job on your running! Brent and I are thinking about getting bikes, too. I think it would be great for cross training!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Great run on Friday! Yep, I am bored with slow cross-training too - no scenery changes. Good luck on a biscycle!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Looks like you are developing very nicely indeed.

I love running in the morning before the sun is up, but didn't you say once that you would be too afraid to do that?

1:52 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

You don't have to go fast to get the most out of a bike. You may even have some fun.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Better be careful with the bike...

u might like to ride, then start swimming and all hell break loose.

U might be a ...i can't even say the word...TRIATHLETE *shudders*...

12:02 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

get set of mileage there!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home