Friday, April 21, 2006

Flow and dizziness

Woke up at 5. 5:30 I'm ready. But it is still dark, mmmm ah! It is a cloudy day, how to know this is going to happen so I can stay longer in bed? Anyway this force that comes from I don't know where, -maybe is the love for running- wakes me up and even let me overcome my deepest fears like running in the dark!

WO: 10 miles

How smooth I felt this morning, so good that I can not explain. I was already on the flow over the first mile!! My body was there bouncing softly and nicely!! Is it the workout from yesterday on the bike that is giving me this sensation? Is it paying of so quickly?
Then the bad part, grrrr. I don't know if it was the damped air, which wasn't letting me breath enough that I started feeling some dizzy. Remembered this is a training not any sort of race, so walk for some periods and stopped to drink orange juice. Over the sixth mile I was better again.
hit the beach and as I had to catch my breath slowed down. Some niggles over my ball feet started to complain. With a funny sensation remembered 2p's recommendation of not socializing with this and thought: "Hey you body parts, shot up and remember we are a team and at this moment we have to run, there will be time latter to complain and bother me..." That was it. I ended in great shape.

I want to say how happy I am every time I open my blog and read your comments guys. It makes me feel so happy of being in touch with you real wise runners!! THANK YOU!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Wobbly man said...

Sounds like a great run despite the dizzyness. That 2P - he is such a wise old man...

7:18 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Pretty picture!! I'm glad you're enjoying your bike so much, it makes me want one too!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Hilda, you went for a (pretty fast as you stated) 10 miler first thing in the morning. Did you drink and eat any easy carbs? Of course, orange juice helps, it has those! Next time suck in some Gatorade or a banana with tea, or something in this range. But if you did - then it could be just a fling, so forget about it.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

I had some dizzy spells and never found out why. It just seems to happen from time to time. Myave try having some sports drink before you set off on a long run.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The dizziness sounds like dehydration, or not enough food/carbs in your system to carry you through. I used to have that problem a lot as well and began to realize that I was not properly fueling before I ran. Nice job on the 10 miles. That's awesome!

12:59 AM  
Blogger Liv said...

Nice job, especially on getting into your running zone so early in a long run. Way to go!

1:22 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Even in the dark it looks beautiful.

Sounds like you had a great run Hilda. Low GI drink/food before a longer run is good. Something too sweet just prior to a run can cause dizziness.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Running in the dark: magic atmosphere. What about to suggest to Bruce Springsteen to write "running in the dark" after his masterpiece "dancing in the dark"?

11:40 AM  
Blogger D said...

Great run Hilda despite the dizziness. I agree w/Rob - make sure you are getting enough hydration - especially since you have a hotter climate to deal with. Great mental strenght!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home