Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Inserting a walk... To relax

WO: 4 miles, stretching, 1 set of my weight training circuit, jump rope.
Started early. Good beginning. 5 minutes walk, try to run. Easy start. After the first mile I take a walk since my body is feeling too heavy. As I start walking, I remember what I've read about walking, first it is not bad. So I take it as a relaxation lap... Watch the green palm trees, the cloudy but red sky as it is the sunrise (forget the camera grrr) even feel a fresh breeze over my skin. Breath and send air to my legs delivering energy...
Start over is easier, I put positive thinking on my mind, I am strong, I CAN do it.
Finished strong. Mental training, here I come again!!

After stretching felt recovered enough and did one set of 14 different exercises, to end jumping rope for about 5 minutes. Ended feeling very happy and with a sense of achievement, feeling strong!

12 Comments:

Blogger psbowe said...

I think that's what I need to do..try just walking with lots of stretching.

Glad you feel good about yours..

1:06 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

I like what you had in view while walking:)

1:47 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Good to see you happy and positive Hilda. Sometimes it is nice just to relax and enjoy ;-)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Walking is good. Olga is a serious walker when it comes to races. That woman can walk as fast as I can run sometimes.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Fished feeling strong and with a sense of achievement. What a great way to finish! Sounds like you were recharging your mental batteries today.

7:44 AM  
Blogger strewth said...

Sounds lovely and what a beautiful description of your surroundings. It's so good when you feel that sense of achievement - that's what it's all about. Thank you for your comments on my blog.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Liv said...

You sound stronger already! And hey, slowing down allows you to enjoy that beautiful view, right?

10:55 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Sounds like you enjoyed that session a bit more.

12:42 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

Well Down Hilda that is exactly the correct mental attitude to have!

R2B

3:14 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Great job! Sometimes I enjoy walking with Pippin so much and just enjoying the breeze and the sights. It can be so relaxing!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I normally feel like walking is cheating but tomorrow I'm going to think of it as a chance to recharge my batteries so I can continue on strongly - thanks !

3:28 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

This is the right way to train. Enjoy every run!

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home