Sunday, April 23, 2006

Things to do on a 3 mile run!

WO: plyometrics, 3 mile, 30 minutes bike, weights and jump rope, stretching.
How lazy I was this morning. Then when arrived to the hotel in my car I heard tiny rain and just thought how wonderful it would be to sleep so more even there at the car... Just 15 minutes latter I was running and enjoying so much!! As thinking about a short run I practiced my form trying to keep my shoulders low and my chest high. Also tried to let me arms looser. That helped incredible, in fact I even set a PR doing this 3 miles in only 30 minutes with a HR around 150 only!! Very pleased.
The bike was fine with a 130 HR, some hard at the beginning, but ended great!
The truth is that finished all some tired, but I will do this WO only while I am running 3 miles or depending how I feel, the important is to have a great run!
Today is the first day of my marathon training!! 124 days to go. My story is about to start. I just wish to complete all my workouts and the goal will be to end it in less than 5 hours. Yes, my mark has to be there, breaking the 5 hours mark. Funny maybe but I know I will have to work hard to accomplish it!! I know I can!!!

As I am posting I am cooking breakfast, have to go the family is complaining...

13 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

Sounds like a great workout! Hilda, you'll do awesome, 5hrs won't be a problem.
I don't know if your program has weight training written in, but I would suggest to do weights not on easy days - easy have to be recovery, and plyometrics is not. See if they mention it anywhere.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

You can & you will Hilda!

I'm looking forward to following your journey.

4:39 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Woohooo good luck with the marathon training Hilda - I am really looking forward to following your journey too.

Nice bike picture from a few posts back too ;-)

8:50 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

We're all behind you now!
17 weeks and 5 days to go!
Where is the marathon at?
Can't wait to hear about your training!

R2B

10:22 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Those 124 days will go quickly - trust me! I look forward to reading your marathon story!

2:29 AM  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Good luck with the marathon training.

Try some lentils in the diet, worked for me!

4:54 AM  
Blogger strewth said...

Woo hoo - day 1 of the marathon training - how exciting. I will really enjoy reading about your training. You will be a star!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Hilda, I think you are being too modest. 5 hours should not be a problem for you, and I think you can aim for a more ambitios target time.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Yay! I can't wait to follow your journey!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Good luck with your marathon training. I will be cheering you on your endeavors.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Your story has started well Hilda - a 3 mile PB! Good stuff.

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. cheap moving company Benefit cosmetics discount car monitor install answering free internet phone service Basketball backboard in car gps reviews Chevrolet headlights camaro http://www.celebrex-5.info/continental-furniture-seattle.html Plastic surgeons that finance Cane sofa

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP http://www.certificate-nursing-school-and-ohio-online.info/coursenursingonlinepediatric.html home inspector schiller park ill cervical cancer Body kit for 1997 hyundai elantra home for excon

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home