Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The strategies

Yesterday found a great site... heelspur.com, can you believe it? Now I am into that great...
Reading the recommendations there, has made a great difference in just a few time! I believe this could be the beginning of the end of this problem, well following the right steps.

*losing weight, it will be the hardest...
*Using an arch support and heel pads all the time.
*Massage on the heel as first thing before standing up in the morning, as is the time when it hurts more.
*Using a frozen can as ice treatment three times a day and after exercise for 5 minutes. It recommends a can saying metal transmits cold better than plastic.
*Taping the foot. I still have to get that kind of tape

From yesterday to today the main difference is the left hamstring which is the real potential injury on sight. It has been very comfortable. It hasn't been too bad, only like stiff, but not today, great!!
I don't want to continue with the spur's biography, so for now is enough and will talk about it unless it is giving me terrible trouble, which certainly won't happen... I wish! I don't want to make you tired reading about it, but still I want to tell everybody that having a spur is not a good enough reason to stop running, in case you know someone who has this problem... Wish no!

WO: Plyometrics, weight training, abs, yoga posses.
I forgot to do the plyometrics yesterday so moved them to today. Energy was wonderful. Later I am going for a 3 miles recovery run... I am just wondering when will I do a long run again, well I will have plenty of them in just a few weeks!

8 Comments:

Blogger D said...

You are being a very smart runner Hilda!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

Make sure to take care of it, so you can keep running strong!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No experience with any type of heel issues so I wish you the best of luck in dealing with it.

1:48 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

You've found some good advice. I hope it works for you - heel problems can take a while. Good luck!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

I had some issues with heel spurs last year before I started training for the Connemara marathon, but it wasn't too bad. Strangely, those pains disappeared all by themselves once I increased my mileage.

9:18 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

I'll have to see that site later..hope i don't forget.

That doesn't sound good with the heel issue, just keep taking good care of it.

12:52 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

As the old saying goes Hilda - when the student is ready the master will appear - sounds like you found what you were after ;-)

4:04 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

It sounds like good advice to me!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home