Sunday, May 07, 2006

Computer problems

What a week without using my computer. Between the technical problems and my ignorance I've lost a week blogging, which definitely is a great part of my moho!
The good part is that anything can stop but the training. Today I start the 16th week of training and completed the sixth week of steady training. That of course makes me happy, but that definitely is not only because of knowing but because I can feel the difference, as I said before this slow down at the beginning of the training is working like a taper, like to start over and I am watching improvements!

Details to remember from last week:
*The speed work was running 400m instead of 800 and that aloud me to increase and concentrate the energy. I could reach a better pace despite the shorter periods but I will try to make them to last longer with time.
*I had a session with a physiotherapist looking for some relief and help to prevent injuries spur-related. The session was painful. But the worst was that as I told him all about my running plans, he didn't stop telling me to avoid running and try some walking, that health is about balance and this problem produces this imbalance that stresses my body, bla bla bla. He said like having fun that I was going to remember him the day after if I try to run which I definitely made. My legs were completely new as he say, but new because I couldn't recognize them as they were so damaged from the shiautsu massage!!
I don't need that at all. I am not coming back.

Week 16
WO: 30 minutes bike, 30 minutes run, weight training, abs session, stretching.
Riding before than running made my legs gave me this new sensation while running, it was fine.
My energy levels are great and my average pace is increasing with no effort. My before easy pace of 11:15 has moved to 10:30!!!

Well, enough for today , I want to know about you, I go to the blogshpere now!

12 Comments:

Blogger D said...

A week without a computer - OH NO! You've had a good running week Hilda!

Thanks for your note today!

9:02 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Hello stranger! Its been a while I know but I am back and I am going to try and stay on top of everything. Sound slike your training is going well. Was the physio a sports physio or even better a physio who also runs? That really helps when you are trying to explain what you are planningon doing.

Take care.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to have you back Hilda. I am not sure how you survived a week without the computer. I go crazy after a day, but I am lucky that my college has computers all over in case my home computer is not working.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

If you physiotherapist tells you stuff you don't want to hear it is time to get a new one.

11:54 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

I wondered where you had got to. Good to have you back Hilda and what a good running week you have had too.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Glad you're back. What you need is a physio who doesn't try and stop you running but just keeps you on the road!

Your average pace has improved a lot, that's great.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

You're right Hilda - 400 metre repeats for speedwork is simple - 1 lap. Easy to concentrate on that.

The faster pace shows you're becoming fit :)

7:51 AM  
Blogger strewth said...

Welcome back Hilda - I've been missing your blog! As CJ says a sports physio who runs would be ideal! They understand and try to treat you so that you CAN run not discourage you from running. Do hope your injury improves. Your improvement indicates that you are training really well. Well done!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Don't you love that new "easy" pace??!!
And don't ever go back to that shrink, he needs to go for a run!

10:58 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

It's alway frustrating to have computer problems. Great job on the training.

Thanks for leaving me a warm thought during a difficult time.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

I'd die without my computer for so long!!

Welcome back!

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info http://www.celebrex-5.info/effect-topamax-has-on-unborn-baby.html Spray foam business opportunity surveillance Sttng fan fiction adult fantasy stories Male gay jacksonville fl discounted ambien online Pregnant fluoxetine side effects T shirt printing shops in mcallen2ctx http://www.hockey-8.info/such-as-offshore-company-incorporation.html Video cards hdtv Levaquin oral dosage for prostatitis propecia sales study Tadalafil u.k

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home