Monday, May 08, 2006

Running is about enlightenment!!

About happiness, overcoming... Great ideas!!! Pity it just last so short as 45 minutes about today....
Yes !! I had a great run and is with you who I want to share this, the ones who understand how wonderful it can be!!! My family "know" when I have great runs, but understand it? No way...

WO: 4 miles hill repeats.
There is always before and after running. This time, before I was very sad. The spur is now giving problems to my left hamstring and facing the future of this problem didn't leave during the night. In the morning it wasn't that different but still that strength that comes from nowhere made me stay ready to go for a run. The beginning was easy, with my great new pace. The spur was some discomfort but I just remembered how many of you still have problems with running and despite of it you still go on. That inspired me to continue no matter what.
Ideas started coming to my mind and finally put them all together while running. What I need to do it to take care of the heel not only while running but the whole day I have to use the gel insoles on the heel, no matter if I have to use them pasted with glue since most of my daily shoes are sandals....Still I already have heel supports which will work perfectly. Also I am getting arch support bands which I will always use.(I'll post some photos of my feet so you see how funny I look!!
My mind needed this idea for some relief, as a possible help to be able to go on.
Elevation is not great but still the work feels harder, the best is the pace was steady and felt very strong. Is there a better time during the day as this?? Not for me. Ended completely happy!

It is 1:30pm I've been using the gel insole and the improvement is remarkable. This is not an injury, is now a condition that I have to learn to deal with, there should be many ways to help it, but I still have to find out about them. Now I am in the search and will find them!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Wonderful post Hilda. You are right - my non-running friends (Mr Jen included) just don't understand! I hope that heel of yours settles down v. soon!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Great run Hilda - I hope you are enjoying the smile it has put on your face.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Yes only other runners can understand the joy of a good run! I have no doubt you'll find a way to deal with the heel; you're a very determined woman!

7:23 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Good on you Hilda - we all only have what we have to work with and sometimes we need to get creative.

12:41 AM  
Blogger strewth said...

It's days like this which make you understand just why you run - such a lovely experience - all those warm fuzzies. Keep enjoying the running. I hope you have many more of these days and that your heel feels more comfortable soon.

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home