Sunday, May 14, 2006

Running... Away from a tooth pain

From yesterday afternoon I had a terrible bad tooth pain. I had a canal treatment and last Monday the tooth was reduced. Until yesterday it started hurting worst. At night the doctor recommended me a higher doses of ibuprofen, and it worked. Took it again at 3 am and when I woke up at 5:30 the was no pain so I went to train! Now the pain is back, I was very fortunate that pain left me for a while!!

WO: 3 miles, 40 minutes bike.
Sundays are becoming so wonderful to run. There is a reason on this type of training for running 3 miles at the beginning. Is like to learn to run faster in this complete brief period. Despite the damped air I accomplished a great pace, again improved and made a 9:41 mile. It was the third one. The second was at the beach.
Last week I started with the bike, but my legs were very stiff to run after the ride, so today I started again running to take advantage of the accumulated energy after yesterday's rest day.
Headed home and my youngest daughter, Abril, said she wanted to come for the bike ride. It was great to have her for company, in fact she has come with me on Sundays.
She follows the road I tell her and I come and go. I developed great moments, and enjoyed it a lot.
The weights are canceled for today, don't want to get over tired today, first let's see what happens with this tooth.
S report.- As I was sedated with ibuprofen there was no complains or problems at all.

Yesterday Luis found out about a non-runners guy who had a spur operation in the local hospital. He is from Spain and said he recovered so well and his problem is gone. Now I have another option, but won't take it until after the marathon. I don't believe in coincidences. Things happen for a reason. We never knew about anyone with a spur until now. And he wasn't finding out, he just commented it to him. Will see...

HAPPY RUNNER'S MOTHER'S DAY!!

7 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Geez good on you Hilda - if I had that kind of tooth pain I would curl into a ball and suck my thumb!

Sounds like a great run and a great ride - well done ;-)

9:38 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Ouch, toothache!!! Hope it doesn't stay long and leaves you alone:)

9:45 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Happy Mothers Day Hilda! Sorry to hear about your tooth ache though

:-(

6:10 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Oh I know that feeling (the tooth pain) so I sympathise with you. I have a dentist appointment this Thursday - not looking forward to it.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

Careful with the tooth - I find that exercising sometimes makes it worse. But you are a trooper; I'm sure this won't stop you.

3:28 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Good luck with your toothache, I hope it feels better soon.

How fun that your daughter is enjoying exercise with you!! You're a very good influence for her.

7:07 AM  
Blogger strewth said...

You poor thing with bad toothache - nothing worse. Ibuprofen is great but will only relieve the pain for a short time. You are much braver than me. I would find it very difficult to continue running with a sore tooth! Hope the dentist makes it better.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home