Friday, May 12, 2006

Beach, sun

...And HOT!! In fact it is been a strange season. It hasn't been that hot until now, that's why you haven't read about complaining about that... :) Last week we had cloudy days but warm. Even I take advantage of this and haven't started that early to run. I started today at 6:30 and was too late, won't happen again, I should not risk my runs and will have to start as early as possible specially on Fridays when, since next week I will run long again!!

WO: plyometrics and 5 miles. FAIR.
Went to bed last night more tired than usual, don't think it was the bike at all, but just tired from some new errands done. The S pain was present but ignore it. After a half mile I made the plyometrics and then headed to the beach to run for a couple miles there. It was hot and the sand was soft, that made it harder. Had some brief good moments but still not good enough... At least I covered the distance and with a not so bad pace for me.

The spur used to hurts me "only" during the day, I mean not while running! Since last week session with the physio, it hurts while running and is much better during the day. It is just like a small stepback today, hope it recovers.
Thanks Thomas, you give me much more hope, I needed it!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

Great job on your run! I wish you could send some of your sun ( and the BEACH!) this way!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hilda, I had a dream last night - that all of the bloggers from Australia (me, CJ, Minersrun, Lulu etc) all came to visit you!!!!!! How funny is that!

3:26 AM  
Blogger miners said...

hope the spur gets better real soon Hilda. How fantastic would it be if we could come and visit you over there like in Jen's dream!!! I will bring my surfboard :)

7:33 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

I'm not entirely sure what I've said to deserve such praise, but you're certainly welcome ;-)

I hope the pain will go away soon. If it persists, try new shoes. A new pair of runners tends to clear most of my running pains.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

I wonder how you can run so fast under that hot!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Glad the spur is co-operating Hilda. I hope the long run goes well! You can send some of that heat down our way.

11:38 PM  
Blogger strewth said...

Jen's dream sounds really good - can I come too?? Good run - look after that spur!

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home