Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Inconvenients in a speed session...

Sunday afternoon I had an emergency appointment with the dentist, the pain was so bad... Fortunately they just took the right steps to finish with the problem, well with the pain. The canal treatment they practiced me a month ago, seems to have an infection now. I will have to invest more of my time there at that terrible sofa where you can't do nothing but try to keep your mouth open for hours... I hate it!

Monday morning I was so tired that just decided to move the running session to the afternoon.
The desicion wasn't that bad. What was bad was that:
I had too much protein for a speed session, again, yes, sorry.
Atmosphere was sooooo damped again, believe me, there was no oxigen available to breath!!
My girls joined my with their bycicles and that didn't helped at all, the seven year old one was asking me to stop as she wanted to drink from my camel pack, or just because she wanted me to watch her.
Note to remember, don't do a speed session with all this incovenients, never again!! Be a mother or a runner.
Well again I say, at least the 4 miles were covered and handled to made a 9.35 minutes mile for the first time. Performance was very poor the rest of the session. No speed accomplished yesterday at all: 2.30 minutes intervals for 0.25 miles, well that was what I could do... I don't learn to do the right things to have a good afternoon session.

We had a dinner last night and had 3 glasses of wine. (We went on Monday because the school is closed for three days as the elections process is on at this country) It was a different wine than what I usually have and about 30 minutes after dinner I had a headache. Had it the whole night, mmmm. At six just woke up because I couldn't stay longer in bed like that. At seven decided and remembered days off are Wednesdays and Saturdays not Tuesdays. I didn't wanted to spend the whole day regreting from a weakness in the morning.

WO: 1.5 miles, Weight session, 1.5 miles. GOOD.
It took me about 10 minutes to get in to it, but definitely was the best thing I could do. Time wasn't enough to do the abs session, but I will insert it some other day. Made the session this time at the treadmil to breath, it was already late to try to run outside. Inserted the weights in the middle of the session as reccomended in The complete Book of Running. It was a recovery run.

11 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Hilda,

Oh i know the pain of tooth aches :(. They are bad. They made me realize how grateful I am when I am healthy and pain-less.

Did u by any chance eat ice cream to help curb the tooth ache? :) That's what I always do.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Yikes for tooth pain! Hope it gets fixed!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the tooth pain. I know that feeling well.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Tooth pain makes one appreciate how little pain there is in running - even speedwork while looking after girls at the same time!

2:07 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Oooh toothache sounds bad, hope I never experience one.

You still managed to get in a workout though with your kids.

3:33 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

Doh!
Pain sucks doesn't it?
Hope you are feeling just as good now as you were feeling bad before!
As for children on a speed session,they don't mix!
I ran with my son in his pram a few months ago at 6min/mile and after i was sore for days!

Cheers R2B

4:12 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

The best thing about those training sessions that you don't want to do is finishing them. Keep it up. And bye the way...leave the kids at home hehe.

2:16 AM  
Blogger Liv said...

Hope they gave you some good drugs for that tooth! Yikes, I hope it feels better now.

3:03 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

I hate going to the dentist Hilda - I'm such a wimp!

4:01 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Sorry to hear about the tooth! Hope you're doing much better now!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Ouch, you poor thing. I don't mind pain in my legs or lungs from running, but I really fear toothache. You have my fullest sympathy.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home