Monday, April 03, 2006

Scars

Sunday 4 miles.
I've been waking up at 5:30 instead at 6 just because I can't sleep anymore. It happened all the week, but not on Sunday. I suspected this was going to happen and set the wake up call. When it sounded I immediately thought how delicious it could be stay in bed longer, but my runner-common sense, remembered me that my goal is consistency and in a Sunday I can't delay a run.
It was late so I had to skip my weight training session, it was 7:38 and already too hot. I went to the beach looking for a softer surface. As I headed there remembered that it's been a long time since I haven't run there.
It was a very good run. I could handled to go for a much better pace than before, I could feel for the first time, an improvement.

Monday 6 miles.
I am feeling how the excitement to train goes back. It is also about consistency. Just when you are into the wheel you can feel the enjoyment.
I planned to run 5 miles and depending how I felt running a sixth mile. The first was in the road, then headed the beach again. This first mile at the beach my left ITB scar made a brief presentation. It wasn't bothering me.
I have to take advantage of days like this when sand is compact and wasn't very hot. It was a wonderful morning! In front of me I had three different landscapes, over the ocean the sky was clear blue, in front of me over a km away it was raining but not on me and then inland on my right side, there were very dark clouds!!!
I was at the beach running 4 miles. At this point I felt strangely tired, but I recovered just immediately as I started the fifth mile at the hotel.
Pace was easy.

6 Comments:

Blogger psbowe said...

Yep, you gotta do what you gotta do, even if it's not all of your workouts. 4 miles is great!

1:56 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Sounds so lovely there Hilda - my goal is consistency too.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Great consistency! Way to go, Hilda! Don't get over-excited and stay injury-free:)

7:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are lucky you get to run on the beach so often.

10:40 PM  
Blogger strewth said...

Sounds wonderful running on the beach under a blue sky. Keep on enjoying the running.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

It sounds like a beautiful run!! So glad you're enjoying your runs!

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home