Friday, March 17, 2006

Temptations

Yes now is time to "follow the plan".

Wednesday 5 miles, Friday weights and 6 miles. Both were easy but as it is becoming hot and hot is very hard to keep my HR low... The sun is stilling my energy with 82 F = 28 C!!!

The thing with plans is that in this era of excess information, there is always something new to try, or just you know the temptation to go farther, specially if I am feeling strong, as I been feeling this days while running.

RW says to run faster to burn more calories specially because runners have to face this frustrating truth: as you become more and more fit you recover faster so the postworkout metabolic rate returns to its resting level sooner, and you don't burn as many calories as an occasional runner... Great news... I haven't lost any weight besides I have my log food, but I am such a gluttony that I record all the desserts and heavy meals I eat... Focus, focus!!!
No more sabotage!!

I am very happy because I continued running, resting is not always the answer!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Oh how I lust for any temperature over 5C/41F, and you having more than your share of HEAT. Please sent it my way, just be aware that by the end of July I'll be sending it all back with interest ;-)

I am still undecided if it is better to freeze or overheat...

4:47 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

I don't know many people that haven't shed a few kilos while in a marathon program - but then again I don't know many people that have done marathons.. :)

Sorry its starting to warm up too much. After starting my program in mid-Summer I eventually settled on getting up to run really early.

5:01 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Its really hard to run well in the heat - that's the only downside to Summer that I can think of!

Do you vary your runs during the week? Maybe do some easy runs, a long run, one faster session and have at least ONE day off!!!! I'm worried you might get another injury!

5:45 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

I like what you wrote about the calories, very interesting. Here we have 28 C in late June!

5:01 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Send some of that heat this way. :) Good to know you're in better spirits and running. Hopefully it'll only get better. Have a great day Hilda.

3:49 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Great job with the running! I could use some heat right now!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

I am glad your injury is letting you run and not sticking its toung at you.

8:28 AM  
Blogger R2B said...

What can i say Hilda i agree wholeheartedly.

10:08 PM  
Blogger D said...

Don't send any heat - we'll have enough in no time and then I'll want to give it back.

Make sure you are mixing up your training (like CJ said). You should incorporate some speed work, long runs, easy runs, tempo runs, and hill work into your routine. Days off are important as well because our bodies need a break!

Your attitude is great!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hilda,

It is 28 here too...28*F hahah :D....freezing...u can send your heat and sun over here.

I also heard that the more aerobics u do, your body will become more efficient at burnign calories. Great for athletes but have to watch the calories consumptions :D (in plain lang, watch what we eat).

11:30 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

That would be too hot for me - but I guess you're used to a completely different set of temperatures than I am.

Don't increase your pace just in hope to lose some weight. There's no use in wearing yourselfl out and risking injury. Increase pase gradually - that way it will work.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home