Saturday, March 25, 2006

Jammed with flu

It started so badly form Monday afternoon and it is not over yet, grrrr.
This will be the first time that I stop for so long, and it is not an injury!!!!

I've already lost 3 runs and I am not completely sure I will run on Sunday. It is like and epidemic and gets worst with the temperature changes that we have here. Burning outside and very fresh with Air conditioned indoors.
My legs feel like two trunks and for moments I feel an inside sensation of running, like hard breathing... Like if I were running.
So as I was trying to avoid stopping, this has definitely hit me... I bet it will end someday... When? Am I the same person able to run at least for an hour anymore? Am I still a runner???

12 Comments:

Blogger Lulu said...

Don't worry, you're still a runner! A bit of rest and you'll soon be back out running. Just take care of yourself now and don't try and go back too soon or it can delay your recovery.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Of course you are still a runner! It's a state of mind. Susan is right; you need to rest and let your body heal.

Take care - hope you feel better soon!

6:30 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Fight the flu Hilda not yourself!

Rest, take it easy, get better and you will be running again in no time.

4:22 AM  
Blogger strewth said...

Poor you! Have lots of rest and keep warm! You are most definitely still a runner and you will be strong again soon.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Aww, Hilda, you ARE a runner and will always be, whatever happens and however long you sidelined! Take good care of yourself and don't feel bad, it's a God's way to give you rest.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Ugh! Feel better soon!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you are feeling better.

3:25 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Yuck, get well soon!

8:45 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Hope you are feeling better very soon Hilda - I miss your entires. Take it easy and before you know it you'll beback running better than ever. :-)

4:56 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Get better soon, and don't force yourself to run when you're not ready. You're still a runner, just a tied down one.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

I hope things are on the improve now Hilda. Take care of you!
... and yes of course youa re still a runner!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Yes u are.

We don't lose fitnesse as fast as we think we do.

Just get some good rest :)

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home