Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Building up consistency!! (again???)

I don't say "again" because I am finally able to run after this flu, but because watching my numbers I can see that inconsistency is what defines my last three weeks. Now I just wish this season is over and that march had passed as the lowest season of the year waiting for better times.

Monday 3 miles.
Tuesday 30 minutes workout and 4 miles.


This first three miles on Monday weren't the best, they were strangely hard. Other fact to take on count is that my new shoes are here and as expected they made my feet feel stiff, that plus the recovery well... I was conservative enough to stop at three miles for the first time ever.

Before running I made plyometric jumps, I include them two times a week.


Today everything was much better. I started with a 30 minutes workout with my new Jillian Michaels dvd. It is funny to workout listening to her. The workout is not that tough so is fine to do before running. I like it because the exercises are mainly cardio and working with the body's weight. So my plan has changed again and now I will do this sometimes and other times I will go with the training with jump rope just two times a week.

I know, I am always changing, that's why Luis stopped training with me, he said I was driving him crazy. Men... So straight!
The part of the plan of going as easy as possible has not been accomplished either. I included some intervals today, just a very short ones, but that I was feeling so good that I couldn't resist it.

Later this afternoon I want to make a yoga session.

This are my new shoes. They were 20us cheaper I think because of the color, anyway I like it. Maybe not the best color for this weather.

Cheaper or not, my feet were still stiff this morning. I will try to use them only with the orthotics the doctor recommended, taking out the insoles.

Running with them this morning was something good.

Thanks a lot for all the support I received. I wasn't even feeling like writing a comment in your blogs, can you believe it? But now I am fine and writing my blog help me a lot on my way to build up!

9 Comments:

Blogger Lulu said...

Excellent news that you are back running again and feeling better. Consistency is definitely the key to running.

Those shoes are very funky!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Wow they are some shoes!
We have the Aussie Biggest Loser on TV here at the moment. I may look out for Jillians work out DVD.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Glad you're back! Don't be discouraged, enjoy running every time you are out there.
Funky color on the shoes:)

5:49 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Good to hear things are back on track Hilda - dont over-do it,

7:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have been very inconsistent lately as well, but sometimes that is the way it goes. I hope you can get back to some consistent running.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

Those are some wicked shoes! Do you bounce in them when you run?!

Good job on the intervals - hey, in the wise words of Sloan, "if it feels good, do it!"

9:27 PM  
Blogger miners said...

woah - just love the shoes!!

Hope you're feeling much better after the flu episode

11:13 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Love the shoes :-)

5:03 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Cool shoes! They look fast!

I love Jillian on the biggest loser. She is FIT!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home