Friday, March 03, 2006

Electronic high!!

This is a memorable day. I had a wonderful run. In fact it wasn't perfect but still great. Let me explain why.
Yesterday: In the morning ABS session and Yoga. I only made the suggested positions in RW March. At night I had two red wine glasses with dinner.
Today 16 miles.
I woke up with a little headache. Started to run at 7am. During the night it was raining so the air was humid. At least there was still this nice fresh air, that even for moments I was feeling delightfully cold.
Headed the beach to start. The sand was firm and there was plenty of space to run. Very nice.
From the 4th mile to the 10th I enjoyed the run, as ever. As you people who run just know how it can be. My new electronic music helped a lot. For moments I was listening to it and that was driving me to dream like I was stepping on clouds. The grass was brighter than ever, the blue sky behind the palm trees... that is happiness. It is true.
The one that I was being THERE, was a human being in all plenitude... like the emotions you feel when you are in love. I am in love!! I love running!!

Achilles tendon came to stage over the 11th mile. The pain started growing. More, bothers me... I stop and stretch. I made that several times over a half mile and helped a lot. When I was back to running I was feeling strong, fine, like if doing this 16 miles even with this pain, would be something easy. Energy was latent inside, I could feel it.
But the pain was back again so I stretched again. I couldn't give up running. I was feeling very strong. I was stopped by this inconvenient, but my energy levels were untouched.
Finished my 16 miles in perfect shape. I was "there" for 3hrs 30 minutes. What an adventure!!!

14 Comments:

Blogger psbowe said...

Despite the achilles tendon issues, you still had an incredible run! Yay!

Hey, you made me laugh about "Navajo" :) Navajo is a Native American tribe in the Southwest in the states. And I'm one. So now you know a Navajo. :)

12:10 PM  
Blogger D said...

Good run. Be careful. Sometimes it is better to stop at 10 and rest rather than injure. We all know how that is. Have a great weekend. Hilda!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Wow, 16 miles, and feeling strong!!! Bummer for Achilles:-(

2:14 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Happy days :-)

4:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's Awesome Hilda, except for the pain. Great run!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

BE careful with the achilles, they can be difficult to fix. lots of ice and anti inflammatories.

Great to see you feeling so good about your running; it's fantastic to read how excited you are about your running.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

Sounds like a beautiful run! I wish I had a warm beach to visit right about now... :)

4:45 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

A warm beach sounds fantastic....great job with the run!

11:02 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Awesome work Hilda - you are getting stornger in the mind and body all the time ;-)

6:30 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I missed those 3 hr+ runs. They are always the best :)

Good job in sticking it out.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Beanie said...

your descriptions of your runs and very vivid! and make me really miss my long marathon training runs!

9:05 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Great run! Careful of the achilles but you should be feeling really pleased about the run - you're improving so much.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

The beach, the night rain and the music. The right atmosphere for a good workout like yours.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Well done on the long run, that's a fantastic achievment. Be careful with the achilles tendon though. I had troubles with mine two months ago, and it takes quite some time to heal. Don't aggravate it.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home