Sunday, February 26, 2006

Combining

Chapter 32 on the "Complete book of running", recommends to insert a circuit weight training in the middle of a 4 miles easy run.
That made me remain those days when I was weight training first and then immediately I was hitting the road for running. The days when I was training leg, specially, the run definitely was stronger.
So today I started weight training combination today. I made the recommended circuit today, I don't know if I will stick to it always since it is very short and is an only one set per exercise. Maybe I will put more sets, I definitely can do farther. What I like is the jump rope finishing each set.
My run was great. I had planned to run 4 miles but I was feeling so great that I made one more.
The HR was slow over 140, and the pace was fine. What also helped today was that the wind was blowing such a nice fresh air that made me feel in heaven. I think it was the freshest air we have had during this not yet ended "tropical winter".
That should be one of the reasons why I can't run at slow HR, the heat combined with the humidity.
ITB update. It was some sore yesterday, but after doing that weight training the soreness was gone. During the first 3 miles all the knee area was like stiff, but as I had to make a technical stop on the 3rd mile, the last two it went just fine.
After the run I put ice water into the bathtub and lay there for some minutes.

8 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

I love adding jump rope to weight workout! Ice tub?? Brr, I can see you miss winter there at the beach:) But it surely helps!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ice baths are priceless for recovery, but they sure are cold. I am wondering what the time difference is from where you live and where I live. Your post says Monday and it is Sunday at 2:45 here.

5:51 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I have the Complete Book of Running - it was a birthday present from a friend a couple of years ago. I've read about that workout but haven't tried it yet. Its a good book.

Icewater in the bathtub - wow, sounds cold but would do the trick.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Great run! I've been wanting to buy a jumprope lately. I need to do that!

3:23 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Never done an ice tub yet, but I did do a bucket of ice water before, let me tell you, it was painful! I'm such a wimp!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Thats sounds like a great run - well done, and the heart rate was pleasingly low, so well done on that, too.

Ice bath - brrrrrrrr!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I found that doing weights help me wiht my knee problems I had from running.

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home