Friday, February 17, 2006

Watching my HR

The icon to upload pictures is gone from my posting page, so now I can't post photos... also the spell check box is gone!!! grgrrrrrr
I wanted to show once again a picture from here. I love this place. I just wish I could send you some sun, here we have much more than enough!
In fact this year the winter never arrived. I was waiting for it. Last year we had a fresh winter with lots of windy days. But this year the weather has been so blessed for the turists, warm to hot days, perfect blue sky, beautiful landscapes and perfect nights. In fact the hot is now increasing, wich certainly will make me start complaining... if I was complaining on september what is about to come is a thousand times worst. I already have such a tan! But only half of my tights and my arms. I have many colors on my body. I look funny but definitely I've enjoyed getting it!!
Wednesday made 4 easy miles. Rate good to great. It just can't be great at easy pace.
Thursday off.
Today friday 12 miles easy pace. Total time 2.30. Rate good. I started at around 7:30 at the beach, I was there for four miles. Great to be there! Then 8 miles at the hotel area.
I was watching my heart rate all the time. I just wanted to keep it low, the bad part is that I have to be in such a slow pace that is unconfortable on my feet jogging at that pace, at about 13:00, is like if this new shoes don't like to walk at all. They are so rigid to walk with. So for the next long run I will combine the workout with intervals.
This time as the morning was going my pace was decreasing because of the sun. It was interesting watch how when I was under the sun directly my HR was increasing about 10% to 15%, I tell you, and it is just the end of the winter. I'll cut my route and run only over the shadow side of the property. Sigh. No many routes here.
I will keep watching my numbers and see if now that I will be combining hills, intervals, tempo, and easy runs, my performance at easy pace increases some. It seems it has at higher levels, but not at the low ones.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

IF u want, i can send u some ice and snow :)..

4:28 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

I'm over Summer down here. It is lovely but so hard to train in.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

I'll take some sun!! All the sun we got in Miami is gone and now we're back to pasty white again. We need to come visit you!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

HR is the way to train, really, until you feel you know your body well enough to gage it without technology. Can't wait to see if you feel changes!

7:02 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I've got tan stripes on my arms and legs too - does look a bit strange! I just say its the latest fashion!

I love summer but it does make it hard to do long runs. My heart rate also shoots up when I'm running in hot weather with no shade.

Glad you enjoyed the macmillan running website :-)

3:30 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Summer is a trouble for the long runs and my skin, being too white, is at risk. I have an advice for your HR, throw away your HR monitor and your life will be happier and relaxed.

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... kayser chrysler Zithromax and birth control pills Ashburn moving companies local parasite eve chrysler building ending Lung cancer message boards red wing minnesota aston martin cars for sale

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home