Tuesday, February 14, 2006

It was mental stress, Happy Valentine's!!

It wasn't necesary to take a whole week. Since friday I was ready. But waited until sunday to be sure. Other times when I skipe a run, I definitely feel like it was such a bad thing not to run. This time it was very warming just to THINK that it was something that was necesary and that I needed even like running. I enjoyed this resting days with the idea of recovering.
Stress came also from pain. The fact of feeling that because of pain, I wasn't going to be able to run, and not knowing when I was going to be fine, was pulling me down!
At the same time I learned the way to train better and to understand the better way to increase distance, combine rest periods in off season, etc., reading in just the right time, the best chapters for this in the Complete Book of running, and well also this month's issue from Runners world!! It is just so nice to find the info you need at this very moment!! It helped me a lot.
The plan now, -as it says in the magazine-, is to slightly increase the distance for three weeks and then the fourth decrease it even lower than the first week. Like that I will recover running!!

Sunday run was good. First I went to the gym and made a leg workout. It wasn't that hard, but I felt I needed before to run. It was very nice to start to run with out any kind of pain! The begining was some hard but ended very well. 4 miles only.
Today's run was great!!I made intervals and reach the great pace of 8:54 average on half mile laps!! It was awesome!
I was supposed to run intervals like this:
75% MHR = 140 HR to a 12:06 pace, but at that rate I only hardly reach 14:00.
Then the other intervals were at:
90% MHR = 167 HR to a 10:00 pace, but running like that I can NOW do 9:00.
Does anyone have a clue of why is this happening on me? Helped requiered please.
My internet service was down, and when I tried to post from other computers blogger was off... I've missed visiting the bloggsphere!! So, here I go...

9 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

Yay, no pain! Welcome back!
HR is a weird thing. I noticed I work hard like hell in spin class, and rarely get over 150. I am still learning myself and go by perception.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

I hardly ever go by heart rate. Sometimes I check it on a long run on a flat steady patch just to make sure it is where I think it should be. Invariably it is. I think they are more useful for monitoring/measuring fitness over periods of months.

Welcome back Hilda - we missed you!

4:31 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Welcome back. Good job. I think it was good because you don't feel anymore pain.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice to hear you had a good run. I use the three weeks of gradual mileage increases followed by a recovery week myself. I like the method, but have to alter it at times due to schedule.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Blogger has been very grouchy lately!! I'm not sure why.

Glad your rest was well worth it! I think building up mileage for a few weeks then bringing it down a bit is a great plan.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

So good to hear you enjoying running again. Keep it up and have fun.

12:50 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

My marathon program has me building up for 3 weeks then having an easy 4th week - it works and I really appreciate the shorter easier runs.

Sounds like you are getting it together with your running plans and good to hear you are running well again. A break has been good for you!

5:18 AM  
Blogger D said...

When you can run faster and keep your heart rate lower it usually means that your fitness level is improving! Since you are not feeling much pain, your stress level is reduced which also affects your heart rate. Nice! Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day. Today, I wish I was in your area - it is COLD WINDY (and yesterday it was COLD WINDY and RAINY! Send sunshine Hilda!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home