Friday, January 27, 2006

Great training under clouds.

Sometimes while running I am talking with the clouds asking them for help covering the sun. Not today: it was nicely cloudy and fresh!!!
Started early, walked only 5 minutes instead of the normal 15. I just wanted to start! I had scheduled 16 miles run.
I think this is the best run I ever made, not to mention the speed, but still the best since I didn't walked at all and for the whole run felt strong. Now I've discovered that for going on long runs the secret is to drink and replenish with fuels to continue. I made it every half an hour. The last 25 minutes the fuel was over and it was when I started feeling tired for the first time on the entire run.
I made four technical stops. They of course were brief. One to the bathroom, grrrrr!! Other to change my shoes after the beach, to leave my 2.0 lt camel pack depleted and drink. The last one only for drinking. I used for the first time a endurance sport drink instead of the gel and since it doesn't have caffeine there is a difference but it feels good.
The rate of my sweating is astonished. As I said I drank 2 liters on one hour and a half, and still my mouth was some dry. It could be because I am breathing with my mouth open sometimes, but still I was absolutely soaked at the end, you can't imagine, I avoid to be close to anyone on my way back home. And there was no sun today! Imagine on a sunny day, I would finish melted.
I am feeling more confident about me. I was thinking while running that I trust about my strength more now. Many times I've thought that if running a marathon could really be something that I could accomplish. But is definitely seems like this harder weeks are paying off and that I am growing, I can feel it!!!
Garmina-Garmina, behaved so bad.... Its feminine side was always in a different mood. I programmed it to auto lap on every mile, and it finally gave this illogical numbers:
13:14, 14:19, 0.94m-14:13, 0.71m-11:19, 0.10m-12:03, back to the hotel area, 10:53, 10:44, 11:00, 10:39, 10:43, 10:31, 0.72m-10:17, 10:47, 10:34, 0.63m-10:10, 10:54, 0.98m-11:00, 11:03, 11:01, 0.92m-11:46.
It auto lap yes, but when ever she wanted too, she is so moody! I tell you this is its feminine side.
I sticked to the final numbers (to its masculine side) because I need to and because it is good to have some advise and at least a clue on my runs... Besides it could not be completely reliable.
Total was 18 miles!!!
3:24:10. 2135 cal, 11:21 pace.

9 Comments:

Blogger psbowe said...

Way to go Hilda! You're super awesome! Even if the garmin didn't behave.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Sweat is good. Sweat is always good. If you sweat, it means you are staying hydrated.

I never wear a cap or a hat when I run. I sweat a lot too and I will have to use my hand to wipe the sweat off my forehead. It is disgusting but this little action remind me that I am still sweating and I am staying hydrated. :)

Geez I am weird :D

3:45 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Great Run Hilda! I don't understand why you doubt your running ability though. Clearly you can run long and still run really well. When and where is your 2006 Marathon?

9:51 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Another great run - well done Hilda ;-)

10:24 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

It's nice to be back Hilda, thanks!

Congratulations on another great run - have a wonderful weekend!

12:05 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

I can relate to the sweating - today because of the humidity I was drenched in sweat.

There is a definitely a marathin in you Hilda - you are going really well with all of your running. And you are getting stronger every time you get out there and run. The tricky bit is staying injury-free - that part I'm still working out!

4:53 AM  
Blogger Beanie said...

Excellent work Hilda. I've no doubt you've got a marathon in you :o)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Giorgio said...

You've run under clouds, but I imagine the territory of your training is fascinating.
tomorrow morning we are going to run around the enemy castles.
Stefano will explain the battle on his blog.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Look at you! You've come so far. You could totally do a marathon. How warm is it there? I bet it's beautiful.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home