Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A fantasy workout!

I had to go to the gym this morning. I took this odd option since I couldn't sleep well again, I wasn't completely convinced of going but Luis encouragement me to.
The treadmill numbers were wrong. I noted this of course from the beginning when 5m/h was walking. I continue anyway and thought of going ahead for about 45 min for a 4 mile workout.
I had to go on 9m/h and made some splits at 10, but as I said, numbers were wrong. For moments I pretended this numbers were real and that I could accomplish 7'30 sec miles!!! I dreamt I was CJ!!!
I don't know if it was because of the change of surface, but my right Achilles gave me so much trouble there at the treadmill... grrrrrr! This was completely unexpected!
I put the incline on 5, and incredibly I managed to run!! On that I felt confident the numbers were ok.

9 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Glad u hit the gym and did the CJ pace :)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

I hope you knees didn't start to bleed as well!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

I get shin pains on TM. Nice work on grade 5!!!

8:29 PM  
Blogger D said...

Great running Hilda!!

9:30 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Nice workout Hilda - it is only when we dream that we can set goals. Don't ever lose your dreaming. ;-)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Good workout and on a treadmill is not so easy. I think that the pain was only a case.

11:35 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Thanks for the lovely compliment Hilda! I have to admit I've never tried treadmill running - I'm fortunate enough weather-wise not to have to resort to that. besides I always have this horror that I might fall flat on my face on the treadmill - now that would be embarassing!

I don't know how yo run in the heat - I'm finding it really hard. Do you ever get used to it?

5:26 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Great job!! I got to do some beach running in Miami and Brent asked me if I felt like you! It must be such a beautiful place to run everyday!

Thanks for all the marathon well wishes and support! It means a lot!

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it oral+surgery Agera care product skin picnic backpacks Provigil memory

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home