Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Focus, focus, go, go!!

Friday night couldn't sleep. I woke up as many other times at 3:00am, it happens often. Hate it. Specially since I know how important is to sleep well to run better. For that reason I took a melatonine pill on saturday night, but I had it too late and in the morning I was so sleepy that couldn't wake up for my Sunday run. Grrrr!
The worst is that this time it wasn't a lack of energy or because an injury.
Anyway, the non running option made me feel so bad until this morning when I ran again. Yesterday my brain wasn't working normally, there was something missing, definitely it was running on Sunday morning. Running is so escencial in my life now that I think I would be crazy if I couldn't do it...
Yesterday pm kickboxing, abs and stretching.
This morning, 9 miles!!
Breathing was some hard, but still I enjoyed my run a lot, specially the 8th mile, there's something about that mile... maybe that I know is the last one for the day, and I enjoy it more than the others. I loved that state, why can't I stay in that 8th mile forever?
Pace was slow... but increasing with the distance as follows:
13.43- 12.02- 12.21- 11.29- 11.03- 10.22- 10.42- 10.37- 10.27
The pace doesn't improve, but still I felt much better today, the sunday resting helped certainly, but also I ate much better carbs this days, in fact I don't eat too much pasta and hate salad, but as I said before now I can eat any thing, if it can improve my running. At this point I felt I have to be focused in nutrition, is a brick that I haven't accomplish yet. Go for it!!
This afternoon Nicole's workout and tomorrow speed workout.

9 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying runnign so much at the moment. Don't worry about the pace - enjoyment is much more important.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Those splits are terrific Hilda! I agree, sleep and nutrition can make a huge difference to not only your running but also how much you enjoy it.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Great work with fasterning splits! If it comes natural - you are all set:) Glad you loved your run.

4:58 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Sleep and nutrition are as important as any of your training sessions Hilda.

Nice consistant pace build up on your run - I'm impressed ;-)

6:40 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Well finally I ran today after not having run for 3 days. While it was difficult to get out of bed, dressed and out the dorr, once I had, I really enjoyed the run. It is such a great start to the day, I find.

Good run!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Mike Power said...

Hilda, good effort on getting that 9 milers done. keep up your spirits and as long as you are resting, dont worry too much about losing some hours sleep. Mentally rest with music, reading a book, or having an afternoon nap. All the best.

3:58 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Great job! I think my days are incomplete without exercise now, too! Awesome job on increasing your pace as the distance goes along. I do the same thing a lot of times, too! It's pretty common for my last mile to be my fastest!

7:18 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Not fun when you can't get to sleep. But great running there though.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Oldsmobile toronado computer Hunter care free humidifier canada Paris hilton sext ape glow in the dark hockey Generic vicodin images Saab cover Levitra en mexico Tratamientos para el acne honeywell warm mist humidifiers Star adult dvd

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home