Tuesday, January 31, 2006

January ends today...

Total month: 136 mile
Today 12.6 3.6 at the beach at 12:22,and 9 at 10:43
It wasn't as energize as last Sunday, but of course those were only 5 miles and no beach. Still my pace has improved thanks to this new shoes, they are definitely better for me. On Sunday I can tell I felt the speed for the first time ever.
The run was not that good, like one of those days when it is hard and you can't go enjoying as you wish. I don't know where exactly the problem was.
Today was sunnier than other days so I have to take that on count. It still too much of my energy.
In general I think my legs were some lazy. Felt them some sore from time to time, but they are fine now, which is the most important. My left knee gave me some problems on Sunday. I treat myself using a band and automassage. It helped a lot. Today is the turn for the right knee... As it continues random well I might say is better than it stays without leaving only in one place. The ankle appears to be getting use to it finally.
A 10:43 pace places me definitely improving since my normal pace last weeks for distances around 9 are always higher than 11:30!!
This will be an easy week. My afternoon group cancel three of four sessions this week as there are some events at school, so I will save and use this energy while running. Lucky me!!
I change my photo again, I have to say that I hate to sign on blogs with such a big photo, but I haven't figured out how to make it smaller and still make it look fine, sorry I will keep trying to learn how to do it... Event worst is to put graphics on the side bar, well, for me...grrrrrr.

10 Comments:

Blogger psbowe said...

I think we all experience the slowness from time to time. Just you wait, you'll feel super fast before you know it. Nice set of miles there!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Great running Hilda! A really solid month of running - maybe that is why your speed is uo too? Or is it just the new shoes?

3:15 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hilda,

The 14 hr is not as bad. It is the yoga, the workout that I have to get my head use to. I am so use to this habit of training, it is great.

Thanks for the comment in my blog. I am a bit satisfy that my liver number is close to normal. We will see in two weeks. I want to make sure they stay low.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Well done Hilda, keep it up. Enjoy those new shoes.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good month of running. I like the new photo as well. I have someone else do my photos for me because I cannot figure any of that stuff out.

6:03 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Nice monthly total Hilda -well done ;-)

I like the new pictures too.

6:53 PM  
Blogger D said...

You are really doing well w/your mileage Hilda. Nice new photo!

9:53 PM  
Blogger miners said...

Hey, that's a fantastic monthly total Hilda - you should be really proud of yourself!

I thought the photo was looking good too ;)

10:22 PM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

The new photo is beautiful but the old one was also good. Compliments for the January job (mileage).

3:49 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Way to go on your January mileage, that's awesome!!! You're doing a great job!

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home