Friday, January 20, 2006

Went for it and made it!!!


This was the scenery this morning how to resist it?? There is a sink ship just right in front the hotel's beach but this morning it looked so unrealistic!! And then about an hour after this photo the were two rainbows!! Beautiful.
16 miles today!!
The first 7 were on the beach. From today I will be at the beach only for an hour, specially if it is hard to "run" there. That lap was tough. I won't complain too much, I just will mention that my shines were sore at the beach, maybe from last night Nicole's Training.
I changed my running shoes as I reach the hotel. Definitely my new ones are for the beach only. They give enough support but on the road I need more cushioning. So, I need a new pair still. As soon as I changed them, I felt the difference on the road.
It was again like a starting over. I even reset Garmin-Garmina and convinced myself that those first seven miles just happened some other day and I was just about to start, when in fact I had been there for an hour an a half.
I drank juice, too much water, and gels. That definitely makes a difference and I consider them as one main tool to accomplish some more distance.
In general I felt very good at the road, the next 1.40' when I ran 9 miles. My legs and feet were strong. The biggest trouble was on my back. The upper part of it was hurting me a lot, who could tell this can happen!
I was very happy there running, smiling. For some moments my mind was trying to sabotage me but, at the same time I could just think that I was able to run that distance and complete my 16 miles, and I just made it!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Black Knight said...

16 miles and part on the beach, very good workout. Nice photo, I also enjoy running near the sea, the landscape helps not to think to the efforts. I agree with you for the different kind of shoes.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Wow, great run Hilda! The photos always look so inviting. What a lovely place you live in.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

What a great run!!! You did an awesome job out there...
As for a new pain - when I started to run longer, I found a pain in my obliques and my biceps. That what I had to focus on - who would have thought, for running? So may be some shoulders/upper back work? Or it could be running on the beach.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Beautiful pics! Keep up the good training and blogging. We all help to keep each other more and more motivated ;-)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Beautiful picture! I feel warm already. I hope one day we can come and visit you. Awesome job on the 16 miles, keep up the good work!!

9:25 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

16 miles! Fantastic run Hilda and great picture too.

1:31 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Cool photo - looks very dramatic. Great run too. Drinking plenty and having gels do make a difference.

I notice I've been tagged ;-) so I will answer those questions soon!

4:41 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Thanks for your advice, I will not execute my Garmin.........for now.

6:11 AM  
Blogger D said...

Great job Hilda! 16 miles! Way to go! Now you have to think of a marathon to train for since you are doing these long runs so well! Beautiful photos as usual!

I liked your workout routine a couple of posts ago! Intense. We used to do a lot of that stuff in Tae Kwon do class!

10:35 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Talk about super woman! That's a long ways, but you covered it great!

1:37 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Fantastic picture. Well done.

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home