Friday, January 06, 2006

Too many things inside

This long run in the afternoon was full of new imaging. It was like a new experience, running is always so versatile, never the same.
Today I felt my body like a vehicle that I was driving while my mind was in all sort of things around, but running. The sunset, the people, some darkness, the fresh atmosphere, the absent of sun.
The beach was so crowded! Normally I don't go there in the afternoons, well in fact I never go at this time. Maybe more than 1000 people only from this hotel were there. So many different people, made that all sort of imaging and thoughts. Also there were runners. Three of them passed me and they were so fast... Two men an a woman, she was doing so well and I was starting feeling again like a turtle, but that in fact didn't shadow my energy to continue. My body was so engaged on finishing the twelve miles. I am ready for more, yes!!
The start was awful. Terrible. Since I don't run in the afternoons an had a heavy lunch, I was feeling so full and slow at the beginning! I knew that it was wrong to eat a lot today but gluttony possessed me as usual and over ate. A run with a taste of food... My body ruling the situation and my conscience, where it was??
I felt comfortable until the fifth mile, now I remember, but it is soo nice to feel fine after almost an hour running... even at the end over the twelfth mile, my energy was in a great level, after two hours.
The knee is almost fine, and didn't bother me while running.
I am becoming strong! Yes I am!
I am supposed to be running five miles on Sunday, but I will have to travel this weekend to Santo Domingo, I will take it off and have some rest again for my ankle and back knee. I'll do some stretching.

7 Comments:

Blogger Wobbly man said...

Sounds like an awesome run Hilda - well done! Not only that but you seem to have rid your mind of those vegetable thoughts as well!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Fantastic run Hilda, well done :-)

Very glad to hear that your knee has improved. A few more days rest and you will hopefully be back to 100%

10:01 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Lucky you! Did I mention, but nice pic of you running on the beach!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Beanie said...

Is does feel great to feel great after 1 or 2 hours of running doesn't it? I love your writing - it flows beautifully.

2:01 PM  
Blogger D said...

Working through the bad start makes these types of runs so worth it. Great run. Glad to hear you are feeling better!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Great run, it sounds like you have a beautiful place to run!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home