Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Finally the year started!!

Yes, until today I made my first run of the year... grrrrr!! I wanted it to be the first morning of the year, but I woke up with such a bad headache, (yes, a hangover)also it was raining!!! Yesterday it wasn't a run day so I preferred to wait until today to run. Yesterday I had a weight training session. Workout legs and abs, feeling very strong.
This morning an 8 miles run.
The first two were at the beach. Lately since I got garmin, I've been running more at the hotel, but I realized now that I have to go to the beach since that makes me stronger definitely. So, since tomorrow, the short runs will be at the beach and the long ones will be two at the beach and the rest at the hotel.
Another reason that I was avoiding to run at the beach is that the last time I made a long run there, the beach was very soft, well the problem came after since my heel has been hurting me some since that. But now... That problem will be finally diminished. My new Nike Triax 9 are here, and they really are supportive at the heel. I read somewhere that to run at the beach is better to use stability shoes, and yes they are!! They also worked wonderful at the normal road after. This morning I just felt like flying and in great part was thanks to them. Also they are so nice!!!
Incredible, but today I was able to run at 174HR for some time, it is the first time it happens. Normally I don't get there even trying, but today while I was at a small hill I saw it. There are no hills around, and I wasn't even trying that one, but I feel like since I started training over there, it's been paying off.
Now the back of my knee is hurting some... I'll ice it latter.
Happy days.

3 Comments:

Blogger psbowe said...

Cool new shoes! It's always exciting to get new shoes, enjoy them!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Happy New Year Hilda !

How exciting for you; new shoes & her new toy (Garmin). This is going to be a fantastic year for you if your first run is anything to go by !

4:17 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Happy happy new year and here's to a great one! I love the new photo of you with your profile too, by the way.

I am still to get my new shoes - I probably should while there are still sales on.

Mr CJ and I are off to the coast next week for 4 days - can't wait. Mr CJ is still in Western Australia visiting his sister - he will get back next Tuesday, 10 January.

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home