Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Panic in the middle of the night and palpable strength

Yesterday went to do the kickboxing session. I made it easy, feeling carefully which movements could damage my feet. Watching my HR monitor all the time to be sure I was not going farther than 65% effort. I have to do this because finally I really like practicing kickboxing and doing the movements make me feel excited.
At night went to sleep, and I woke up suddenly knowing that it was something that woke me up. Pay attention to sounds of something happening, nothing but silence. Then it appear. Pain on my ankle, a stab was coming and going of my ankle. And there I was some sleep some awake, facing my deepest fears against injury.
Finally, thinking straight I aroused and took a pill, just hoping this could help.
Relief it worked.
The morning was sooo nice but yes of course my camera was at home. There are no two sunrises the same, as there are no equal runs.
Ran 9 miles.
First lap at the beach, very tough. Distance 2.2 mile.
I was so pissed of because I had being at the beach only for five minutes when an unexpected wave came and covered completely my feet, Grrrrrr. But as known just thought, it doesn't matter and continued.
The rest of the miles were at the hotel. How tough it was!! I think I was around the 6th mile when I thought about my hamstring and touched them. How strong they felt! I figured out they were like springs and that "again", I wasn't using them and was only relying on my poor feet. That made me ran the last two miles happy and strong. I was bouncing for the last two miles. Isn't it incredible? Instead of being more tired at the end, I finished in such a great shape!!!
It's called Mind power. I am in the process to learn to use it!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Wow! I'm excited for you after reading that post. Well done!

4:44 PM  
Blogger D said...

Nice run! (Scary pain in the middle of the night - glad that it turned out to be nothing.)

11:00 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Good run - sounds like you're learning to use the right muscles for running so you don't tire as quickly!

Hope that ankle pain was just a bad dream and that it doesn't happen again!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

What a beautiful sounding run! I read your title and was hoping no one broke into your house in the night, I don't know why that's the first thing that popped into my head!

Have a fantastic weekend!

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Show sacco 1823 sandals stores in manhattan Sample cover letters for attorney positions pda+pocket+pc zyrtec uso dometic awning part Digital camcorders find compare and buy Mature olderwind galleries Camping mist resort sea Baggy beach wear pants Boating hampton bays new york Rhinoplasty the family and the fishing net Lgic headsets sweat pants for mcs david thewlis wheel chair 401k + catch-up hardcore movies http://www.website-affiliate-program.info/Pull-her-pant.html

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home