Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Speed workout!!

First time I practice this. It was just 4x0.25 mile, as fast as possible. Distance 4 miles. Definitely I never tried something like this, certainly I needed it not only because I am so slow, but because I been stocked for three years on that state and my body needed a change. I am not (still) training for any marathon so it will just hopefully will build up some more stamina. Still I think I have now a strong base to do this now. I felt very well after doing it, even while my calves were tight.
The thing is that Garmin-Garmina, was behaving so badly, in one turn I made he-she said 48 pace, that certainly drop my average pace... Of course I have to mention something like this to as always.
Last night we made the "Nicole weight training" that was in the latest issue of Fitness RX. It was nice and funny, as follows:
NICOLE'S WEIGHT TRAINING
WARM UP
30 SEG JUMPING JACKS
MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
HIGH KNEES
BUTT KICKS
SQUAD THRUST
STRETCH
20-20-20LEGS SPREAD APART 2 HANDS
20-20 STAND SQUAD STRETCH
20-20 SEATED GROIN BUTTERFLY
WORK OUT
1 MIN JUMP ROPE- RUN
15 REPS DUMB LAT RAISE
TRICEPS KICKBACK
BENT OVER LAT RAISE
SHOULDER PRESS
CURLS
HAMMER CURLS
1 MIN JUMP ROPE - RUN
1 MIN PUSH UP
25 REPS CRUNCHES
1MIN JUMP ROPE
25 REPS SQUATS
ROMAN DEAD LIFTS
BACKWARD LUNGES
BUTT KICKS
1 MIN JUMP ROPE
1 MIN PLANK POSITION
25 REPS CRUNCHES
1 MIN JUMP ROPE
2MIN REST
ALL OVER AGAIN
TO END REPEAT WARM UP.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Your Garmin. Is a he or a she? :)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow, that's a huge weights session. I like it :-)

4:35 PM  
Blogger miners said...

Wow - hilda, that's a huge session you attemtped with the weights. It scares me just reading it!

And congratulations on having a go at that speed session. You'll notice the difference in your running after a couple of sessions like that

6:05 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Hey Hilda - great job on the speed session.

My only advice would be to be careful about going as fast as you can for a while. You are right, you do have a great base but speed work should also be built up slowly.

Try a session where you go a bit faster than your regular distance pace (e.g. 40 sec pace or so faster than you normally would) for 0.6 of a mile have a rest for 1 or 2 mins then repeat.

Good luck with it Hilda :-)

9:22 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Garmin can drive me crazy sometimes!! Tonight it lost a .25 mile from my run!! On a perfectly clear night.....

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home