Friday, December 09, 2005

Windy and almost a heart attack

Very windy day, in fact I think the strongest I've felt for a run. Over the second mile I was a huge struggle to run against it! I was at the beach, but then on the way back it helped me! It was like pushing me I hope it made me to develop better speed... It was a very good run, feeling strong.
RUN: 9.61 mile, scheduled 10, average pace 11.30, best pace 8.30, cal 1169, RPE 5 MHR 163.
During the first miles, I was thinking about speed, as said in the training center I am not a runner just a jogger. The run starts over the 7.5m/h the truth is that I understand that speed is build with training and also that is not good to struggle a lot in order to keep a fast pace. I faced that from the beginning and maybe that was the reason to start trying with resistance, since building it seems better for me than speed. I've achieved so much!!! Before I wasn't able to "jog" at all now I can do it for two hours. People who are able to run 10 miles very fast spend just a very little time doing it, I can be there for ever (the 10 miles) and with a huge struggle. On marathons there should be a price for the last runners since they are the ones who waist more energy for hours and hours... You can laugh.

I almost suffer a heart attack this morning while I was running in a road in the hotel -fortunately- over the end of the ninth mile, when I listened the sound of creaking wheels, but it sounded like if they were over me. I was just expecting to feel the car on me, but not, when I turned to see the car, the guy who was driving was laughing, this was a sort of a joke... It was so funny for him to scare a woman like this on the road... They didn't know that I was already at 160 HR!! That made me rise over almost a Heart attack... I hate this guys. I had to call the hotel’s security this can’t be happening in the hotel.

1 Comments:

Blogger D said...

You poor thing. That is not funny what that guy did to you! No respect.

Good run! You are a runner!

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home