Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Two voices inside while running

One of them was saying, let's see how do the body reacts today. The body's voice is like more quiet, a voice without sounds, a presence which is there and that just makes act of presences while if is being disturbed.
It was funny to listen to my mind today, talking to me about the body. Not very good as a matter of fact.

Good start today. Is nice to be at the beach with sun, and able to run at 140 bpm, which is 75% of my MHR. Now as I said before, is the tropical winter, which means that for us who live here is the nicest weather of the year. You can be without cold or hot most of the day, and the sun is still shining.
Finishing the fourth mile I was ok, able to run more, enough energy, but with nausea. I think this should be about potassium low levels, I will research some about it since yesterday the same happened. I listened the silence voice of the body, and stopped there. That puts me finishing the month with 92 miles. Nice.
After that I went for a 20 minutes stretching session. I find it very important part of the running, the day I don't make it, pain appears.

I am very excited because I ordered a garmin. It should be arriving at any moment, finally I will be able to make real measures since now I calculate most of my distances with time, 12 minutes per mile, which most of the time I think is at least some better times... But I didn't wanted to lie to myself.

4 Comments:

Blogger D said...

You will LOVE your new GARMIN!!!

10:46 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

You will love your garmin - its a great gadget! The link for the triathlon website is below: http://www.triathlonact.com.au/calendar.php

You're right - compared to running events, the participation rate for triathlon events is a lot smaller but very competitive.

5:51 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

You are going to love the Garmin Hilda - there is so much you can do with it: Including signing up to motionbased.com and exporting your runs from there to google-earth and seeing your runs from space!

Thanks for your recent comments on my blog - I have really appreciated them :-)

6:57 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Thanks for the comment Hilda - I enjoy reading your blog so keep it up!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home