Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Hydrated...

I recorded today the laps as suggested by 2p. Much better way to learn and to struggle on every single lap.
Today 4 miles run. Scheduled: 4. Average pace 11:51/mi, best pace 9:14/mi, cal 626. RPE 5 Mhr 140.
Very different than yesterday, I felt slow and some tired. Well I woke up again at 2:00 am and was reading for about an hour... Well, reading and learning to set garmin; that should be a reason for being tired. Last night train was some hard, maybe I didn't have enough time to recover.
Over the second mile I was feeling better but not enough for a great run. The thing is that today I didn't reach the 150 HR and wasn't able to. Yesterday I was on 150 and feeling great. I won't complain more, it was fine, just not over the clouds.
I am getting use to run with my camel pack. The golite I mentioned before. It is because I feel my tongue very dry from the end of the first mile, doesn't matter if I drank lots of water the day before. Also I drink gatorade in order to get some more electrolytes. The thing is that I sweat quit a lot, much more than others, well at least it stops completely the rest of the day even when the weather is really heat. Today as it was a short run I left the camel in the car thinking to pass by to drink if I need to. When I made this stop my right shin felt a terrible pain. That is the advantage of using the camel, you can drink with out slowing down at all. The bad part of it is that I look so over dress. People look at me because I look over dress and completely sweat wet.
Running is not for fancy people.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lulu said...

El Garmin es muy util para mantenarse al tanto de su progreso. Me gusto mucho mi Garmin; se llama "Garth" :)

5:55 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

It is true Hilda the fashion police will never like the looks of runners :-)

I can't say it in Spanish like lulu but I call my Garmin "Hal" - glad to see you are getting the hang of it.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Topix.net paris hilton Wooden premier scrabble Kostenlose seo tool Driver for pcmcia compact flash adapter My taxes Health care insurance georgia Sketches small appliances hiking trips Acura 2006 tsx review Jack black prank phone calls Mr. a's property management la mesa ca relief pain Natural treatments for eczema

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home