Friday, November 18, 2005

And the tropical winter is here!!


Fresh air, warm sun, perfect sand, blue sky, is the perfect scenery for a great run.
The fastest, strongest, run ever. I don't know exactly why. Maybe it was the mood that this spectacular place gave me...
Ran for eight miles, the first three were at the beach. The sand was very soft but still I was there, I couldn't avoid it!!! It was hard tough, I was so exited feeling the fresh air, that my heart was beating ridiculously. I had to slow down many times because it was pretty strong.
Then back to the hotel roads (I didn't want to engaged my scheduled distance forced while being at the beach.) But it was a good thing since as soon as I hit the road a new energy, developed by the effort at the beach, arrived. It had happened before, but not since a long time ago.
I was just there, feeling my body in its best performance, bouncing on the road. Amazing. The heart rate was not so high though!!
I had to stop before my usual 10 miles Fridays, because I told Luis I was going to met him for breakfast. I didn't was angry at all for having to stop since doing it so well made me think of maybe being very tired afterwards. Or being very sore of it... I'll see how it goes during the day, but now I can't wait for Sunday!!!!
I was running there faster than ever!! I am still surprised since I have no pain!! I just can't believe it!! And also I am not tired at all.

We are just to result of chemical combinations. Glutamine, arguinine, glucosamine, gingko biloba, ginsen, caffeine... I had to confess.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Wow, what a beautiful place to live and run!

I'm so glad you had a fantastic run. Well done !

J.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I changed the name of my blog from Jen_runs to Jen_swims went I decided not to run the Half last week. Don't worry - I'll change it back to Jen_runs when I'm running again :-)

J.

7:14 PM  
Blogger D said...

Is there really such a thing as a tropical winter? Beautiful photos! Great run!

9:44 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I'm jealous Hilda - that is one gorgeous photo! Will have to put it as one of the places to visit in the future! I think its amazing you can run on the sand - it is really hard work. I think you are a lot better runner than you think!

4:25 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Que bonita playa! Me gusta muchas las playas del Carribean.

Eres a gran corredora ahora!

3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home