Sunday, November 13, 2005


The sunrise, was not as good as last weekend, it was a cloudy morning.
I was not inspired for running in the dark. I was ready to run at 6.15, the darkness and loneliness of the place, I don't know... Maybe for starting at this time I need somebody with me... Who knows.
I walked from the entrance to the beach, then at the beach watching the sunrise. The sand was extremely soft since the tides were very high. I went back to the hotel and started running at 6.48.
The start was some hard still. But as long as I made about the first half mile everything turn fine. The first 5 miles I ran fine, lost of energy and with the heart rate around 155. I made those in 12 minutes or less.
At the sixth mile, the energy decreased, but I kept going inspired by the real runners I met here at the blogger. I handled to continue for 3 miles more, at 14 minutes each and then the last one, the ninth at 13 minutes. At the end it was a hard run, truly. The was no sun, there was some breeze, and was not humid at all, maybe just some lack of the usual energy.
My heel hurts some, I will use some ice today.
I must continue with the log food. Yesterday for sure I had about 4000 or more calories. It just happen like this, not writing my diary. Now I will have to start over with the process I should have given about a thousand steps back!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

You are a real runner Hilda :-)

J.

5:02 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

Sounds like a good run Hilda and that sunrise looks pretty good to me :-)

5:26 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I agree with jen - you are a real runner! I usually find the first 10-15min of a run hard - I feel really slow, everything hurts, I have no energy and then something happens - and I feel I can run forever! So hang in there.

I love your photos - whenever I feel I need a break I look at your photos and imagine I am there. Thank you!

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home