Friday, January 12, 2007

Tanita loves me :D

Thursday went to Punta Cana for a bike ride. The area is a new neighborhood that is being built. There are open roads and there is no transit. It was nice to be able to develop the fastest speeds I've tried. 12m/h not continuous, but I could reach it as said by Garmin. In the hotel the traffic doesn't let you speed up. Still this high speed is relative. I don't know what is high speed for a bike ride. By the way the other day I was thinking while riding 10m/h that a marathoner that ends in 2.15 develops this kind of speed that I reach when riding! They are super humans!!! It is then a nice place to run or bike ride.

This morning my WO was 2miles+strenght training+2 miles.
I will continue training on the treadmill to end recovering my energy. I want to save energy and take care. I haven't mention but now the left foot is giving me some trouble spur related. I was warned about that. Seems like people with spurs develop them in both feet. Still as I stated before, spurs don't stop me.

Now to Tanita. The new scale arrived. I don't know how accurate it is but is should be close to what it states. I waited two hours after exercises and eating: 25% fat !!!
I like it measures the hydration percentage also. I will check it to see if drinking regularly elevates my % Now I'm in a medium point.
It has a mode for metabolic age. It said that mine is 25 and I'm 35. I don't know if it is true but it sounds great!
Luis was some angry. Funny. He is 39 and his MA was 50.
I also weighted some of my friends and even M who is 30 had a MA of 40.
Seems like I'm the only one that Tanita loves.

7 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Yea - it's always good when the Tanita likes you! You're special, that's why.

9:48 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Goes to show that all your exercise pays off! I'm not sure if Tanita would like me at the moment!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Woohoo Hilda! You are 10 years younger than you think :)

It is amazing how fast elite runners run - sometimes 13mph for 21km! Keep enjoying safe biking.

1:03 AM  
Blogger strewth said...

Wow - ten years younger than your age - that's so cool. Well done. I love the photo you posted of your family - all beautiful smiles. Belated wishes for an exciting and wonderful 2007!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

All the cardio work you do and its no wonder your body is so young.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I stay away from Tanita. I am a married man after all.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

I saw the photo you posted last time and I agree with Tanita. You had that sparkle in your eyes that only the young have.

All the best with the cross training but don't forget what helped you look so young in the first place, running!

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home