Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last post of the year

****Running Goals for 2007*****
- Improve 2006 numbers, (1080) in 20% at least
- To run my second marathon and set a better mark (!)
- End the year training for my third marathon in Miami 2008
- Keep posting on blogger :S

December numbers:
90 miles 20 running days of 31.
2006 ended with 1080 miles total.
After and during taking the medication my performance decreased a lot. It was a shame to step back precisely when everything was going so right. It lasted 10 days and it wasn't that bad but seem like this medicine affected my sleep and made me very anxious. I just wasn't on the mood to run, but still try my best effort. Cancelled running four days in a row and then came back easily running five days in a row, then resting 2 and this last week ended with 36 miles in 6 days running that were not perfect, but done. The spring training wasn't completed... I completed only 9 of 12 weeks and missed many of the speed session from the second season, "again".
December... a very busy month. It mean all sorts of parties, not to mention school holidays and with kids at home everything changes. I had no longer my mornings and instead of that I become in to my daughters driver and tour guide :D
I spent a lot of time on the Internet I confess, but with my slow connection I could only made the basic research for Christmas presents and until two days ago the presents for the 6Th of January when we Mexicans celebrate "Los Reyes Magos" (it is when baby Jesus received presents from the three wise men). Kids receive toys from them, so they are on the way! I have always to buy on line, there is nothing available here.
Thanks D for recommending me the Oklahoma marathon I really appreciate it, the thing is that I wasn't able to start training on time. I choose Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon, May 20Th! I will have to start training on January 15! Have anyone run that one?
Happy New Year for all of you my inspiration from the Internet. It is amazing to discover how important is the state of mind. This days I was absent form the blog sphere but when running many of you were still inspiring me in more that one way! The best for you and your family!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Lulu said...

Happy New Year Hilda. I hope you and your family enjoy great success and happiness this year and you achieve all your running goals and more.

6:41 PM  
Blogger miners said...

Happy new year hilda, and congratulations on everything you've achieved :)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wishing you & your family a wonderful, happy & healthy 2007. Welcome back - you were missed :-)

Thank you for all your support in 2006. I really appreciate it !

12:09 AM  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Happy new year to you too Hilda. I wish you a prosperous 2007 with plenty of running and a fast broadband internet connection??

12:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year Hilda! Good luck with all your goals in 2007. It is great to have inspiration from all the bloggers we are surrounded by and you are an inspiration as well.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Have a great 2007 Hilda. It must be tough dealing with dial-up all the time. But you push on and keep blogging ... congratulations.

Great goals for 2007. We'll be there with you for every step.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Beanie said...

And all the best to you and yours Hilda. Good luck in your 2007 running goals. Thanks for visiting my blog.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Best to you on goal reaching and happy New Year! Yay to more posting! :)

12:18 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Happy 'Los Reyes Magos' Hilda. I'm sure your running will get back on track now December is over. The Cleveland Marathon - that's an exciting goal. I'll be following your progress of course :)

4:33 AM  
Blogger strewth said...

Happy New Year Hilda and I do hope you achieve all those wonderful goals in 2007. Miami 2008 also sounds exciting. Enjoy, stay healthy and happy and have a wonderful "Los Reyes Magos".

4:56 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Happy New Year!! I don't know if you know Elizabeth, TriSaraTops, Curly Sue or Buckeye Runner but they have all run all/half of Cleveland.

You'll get to meet so many great bloggers there!!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home