Monday, November 06, 2006

On the right path

This is going well and that makes me happy, there is no better sensation than to know that I've programmed myself and I am just doing what I want to do.

Training until today:
Friday 5 miles including 5xHills
Saturday 3 miles + DVD strength training.
Sunday Off It was so weird not to run on Sunday after a long time doing it!
Monday 3 miles including 25 minutes tempo. I was supposed to run 35 as the schedule said but I headed home as it was late and my partners were supposed to be there... But they weren't. I ran a last mile with brief intervals that made me had lots of fun!
Today's weight was 149 pounds. It's been a long time since I haven't seen the 14... I am on the right path!!!
Google earth has updated photos from my area recently and now that my new Garmin is here I just upload this morning's run. Total of this path is 2.42 miles.
Here we can see how the photo was taken exactly on the boundaries of the hotel.
I'm planning a special long run for tomorrow, hopefully I will give you the good report tomorrow!
Thanks for your wishes and comments about my visit to the hospital. Staying with out food wasn't bad, in fact I'll confess that I stayed in bed until 10 and then headed to the hospital. No time for thinking on food. The study was a stomach endoscopy. They practiced it me with out being sedated -I don't know if asking for your cooperation is normal-, they told me they were going to give me a chance to behave instead of sedating me as it lasts just a couple minutes. I didn't like it at all, of course none will, it gives you terrible nausea and feeling that tube crossing my throat well... At least I saved time. The results will be ready in one week.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lulu said...

Well done on a great week of training and the weight loss.

Hope the results are all good from your hospital tests.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Congratulations on seeing 149 again. I remember the first time I saw 199 lbs (I'm a lot bigger than you) on a scale. It gave me the motivation I needed to get the rest of the weight off. I'm sure it will do the same for you.

I checked out the Google Earth views of your town a few weeks ago. Looks fabulous. Oh how nice it would be run near the water. I can put up with the humidity. All I we get here in the summer is the extreme heat.

I can't imagine that anyone would ever enjoy a stomach endoscopy. You were very brave for doing it without any sedation. They'd have to know me out first.

Looking forward to hearing the result. Hope everything turns out ok.

7:26 PM  
Blogger miners said...

Thanks heaps for your kind words Hilda - much appreciated!!

Can't believe you attempted that procedure without sedation! I couldn't have done that :)

9:36 PM  
Blogger miners said...

oh - and nice to see some google earth maps over here too!

9:37 PM  
Blogger R2B said...

I am 152Lb from 205 Lb now i am almost as light as you now Hilda!

Good work,i love it when it all seems to just "float"!

4:14 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Great work and nice google earth pic Hilda ;-)

5:46 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Glad the running is ticking over as it should Hilda. Congrats on the '14' - very good :)

Your hotel looks to be in a beautiful spot.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good news that the running is going well and I hope the results from the hospital visit are good also.

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home