Friday, January 05, 2007

A start

Well, finally made it. The year started with four easy miles.

A good point is that my heart rate is lower now. It should be not only for the fitness level :P but because of the weather. Still it is some strange looking that my heart rate is still on 145 -148 at the end of 4 miles. It used to be 150- 155. Of course I have no good fitness level at this point... is it maybe the age???

I'm looking for the marathon training and found some with only 3 days a week running, the rest combines lots of xt. Maybe that could be a good way to enjoy my runs again.

I have talk about my "partners" since a long time. Two of three that started are still trying. N is already running 25 minutes non stop. M is still doing intervals of running as she has missed many sessions during this months. I am trying to motivate them to follow a half marathon training and travel with me to Cleveland on May but will see if they finally want to come. I also understand that racing is not for everyone :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Spark Driver said...

Get your bike out for the cross training. Breaking up some of those repetive runs could be interesting.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hi Hilda

Thanks for your continued support I'm looking forward to us both having a good year. All the best for 2007.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Racing is not for everyone? It should be - it's fun!

Your HR maximum (due to age) shouldn't have changed much in one year. The lower values should show improved fitness (if you were not running much slower). Do it again and see.

I know about that marathon program - it should work (has for many who have done it). The important thing would be not to miss any runs (there are only 3)... and also to do the running sessions correctly ( long run, tempo run and interval workout).

11:17 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

I think it's great that you are helping others with their running. I'm sure once they get a taste of running in an event they will really love it.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home