Sunday, January 07, 2007

Looks like I'm improving :D

Yes, I'm feeling better. I haven't feel that weak and not stomach issues!
Saturday wanted to try the tread mil which I haven't in a long time. They were busy. Instead of that since I was already in the gym and mentally programmed for not hitting the road I choose an elliptical. Stayed there for about 45 min. I will count it like 3 miles, as it counts on distance. I don't really like it. My feet become still there. But still it felt like a good effort and a big sweat.
As Spark suggested better now than latter I started with the bike. An hour, 10 miles. Felt fine. If I will be using it for my marathon training it will work nicely since now while I recover my energy.
About the marathon training I still think that if I feel better I still can change some of the Cross training sessions for easy runs.
I will focus now on hydration. Now that here is not that hot I am not drinking enough water. I bought on an Internet sale a Tanita that measures the hydration level, I know for some of your blogs, that it is not that accurate, but I hope it helps me to focus on that as a key to improve my running.

6 Comments:

Blogger Spark Driver said...

Glad to be of help. Keep up the great work.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Nice to hear you're improving Hilda. I agree - the bike will be good cross training.

Hydration is important - have a water bottle handy during the day if you can.

5:18 AM  
Blogger 2P said...

Glad to hear it is getting better Hilda - keep it going.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Looking forwrad to reading about your hydration results. I never drink enough water either.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Great Hilda

Nice to hear your doing better Hilda.

The advice of others in this cirlce of bloggers is wonderfully helpful and surprisingly correct but we are all different in someways so we have to find what works best for us. I heard it put as we are all just an experiment of one.

So keep trying things and you'll hit on a working way soon enough.

5:22 AM  
Blogger D said...

I really don't know how anyone can train for 3 days per week and be prepared for a marathon. This does work for some people, but I could never do it. I would never be in the shape I am comfortable with for a marathon. That's the great thing about runners - everyone is different and what may work for you may not work for me. Hydration is one of the toughest things for me. I'd rather drink coffee than water. Bad. I know.

Your heart rate level mentioned in your last post is great! Keep that up Hilda!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home