Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Beyond numbers


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Looking at my numbers, well, I might say that is not that I can precisely say that I feel proud of this year as a runner and there are doubts about my running that I would like to state here.

I understand that long distance is not for everyone. I realized about that reading Lulu's blog, seems like a good choice doing it right before going to the next step. Am I prepared for it?

I like to be there "in the long run" as Scott referees. I will find out again how to get there. I have no clue of how to do it right now. Thinking of a 10 mile run seems pretty scary. I know I like it but am I able to do them again?

I wonder what is the secret to keep all the way up during the year with a fresh Moho and feel full with all the energy required to run all those miles most of you do.

I also think that anyone complains as I do. And I don't mean complaining about spurs. In general I think that my health is not that good as yours for example. My stomach is still giving me some troubles and looking back during the year makes me think that I am not strong as you are. I won't say I am not strong enough since I've already done it before, but has it taken too much from me and my body is not reacting as it should adapting itself to this new stress that will make me grow and instead of that is somehow stepping back getting weaker and weaker against what is expected??????

How many times were you sick during last year?

I was thinking of all this last night when trying to figure out how will I start training for the marathon again. Anyway I feel very engage in this marathon thing and I will attempt and will take this new challenge. I want to enjoy my training and at the same time feel proud of how I do it and do it complete and with quality, which will not exactly mean being fast ;-)

THANKS, THANKS, THANKS for your supportive words, it is incredible to have to say this but is like feeling that you guys will understand what I mean, people that I don't actually know but from the ones I receive so much! Your welcome back words have being so important to be inspired about my running even more.

*My running year hasn't started yet. No miles logged yet. I want to refresh my legs and try to recover my Moho which I will need a lot for the marathon training.

10 Comments:

Blogger Wobbly man said...

No, accepting ones self is sensible not the same as quit! It's sensible and does not stop you from dreaming or aspiring to better things. Bottom line is that we are all build differently.

I believe in your strength and commitment Hilda. You will come back stronger and better. I have no doubt about this.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You'll do great Hilda. Great picture by the way.

10:31 PM  
Blogger 2P said...

What Rob said ;-)

2:57 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

What Rob & 2P said ;-)

4:09 AM  
Blogger D said...

I sometimes read blogs where these runners are running 80+ miles per week and they seldom get injured. I am always in awe of that. Then you get the ones that run a marathon every other month or so it seems. They are impressive. My point is that we are all different and some can handle a lot of mileage and stay healthy where others can't handle so much. We all have our challenges, rewards, etc.

You ran a marathon Hilda. How many people can actually say that? Just a small percentage of the population. Keep pushing. Have faith in yourself. Happy New year! (You and your daughters are beautiful!)

2:25 PM  
Blogger D said...

(By the way, I just noticed that you chose a marathon for May!) Yea! Bloglines just updated your blog - it hasn't been showing your recent posts until today! Ugh.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh no. I just realised that the time I was planning to visit you is the weekend of your marathon!!!!

Drats. Oh well, I'll just have to send you good luck thoughts to you in the States from your part of the world !

4:03 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

You will feel good again Hilda and you will do it! 10 miles will be a normal run :)

Build your miles very gradually is my best advice, and vary the types of running you do, but keep the majority of it easy.

Thanks for the happy photo :)

8:00 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Long distance ain't for everyone. That's for sure.

Thanks for your encouragement and visiting my blog.

Recover for now. Right now I just run for fun. Just go and stop whenever. Nothing biggie.

Hope 2007 will turn out well :)

3:49 PM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Great picture with 3 wonderful smiles. Recover well and you will be ready soon for a good marathon.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home